Britney-Based Games: Thoughts

I originally wanted to base this topic on Britney’s Dance Beat, a game from the early ‘00’s. However, I came to find nobody truly resonated with the subject alone, so I decided to expand the topic and include another one of her games, Britney Spears: American Dream.

01. Britney’s Dance Beat

spacer.png

This game was released in 2002. I want to say it was similar to Just Dance, but based on Britney. However, I don’t think you had to actually get up & dance —unless you owned a separately sold dancing pad. If you did manage to achieve all the correct moves, Britney would cameo during the dance round, moving to her own songs. Personally, I never played it, although I’ve wondered what it might’ve been like back then.

02. Britney Spears: American Dream

spacer.png

This was a more modern mobile Britney game released in 2016, & I also never truly gave it a chance. The purpose was to achieve pristine fame & reputation as a pop-star, starting from the bottom, & working your way to the top. However, the game was discontinued in 2022. In retrospect though, I think it was only made to promote her Vegas residency, but that’s just my personal opinion.

To conclude, I discussed this topic, since I’ve found the idea of Britney based video games somewhat interesting, to some degree at least. Hence, why I summarized them to give an idea —& to express any thoughts on them.

Who remembers these Britney games, & did anyone ever play them?

Edited by DoYouDare?
  • Love 2

I never played Dance Beat. I liked American Dream, but Glu gave up on it pretty quickly when the game glitched out and stopped updating it (and this was month after it came out too). 

There’s also that cancelled 2005 mobile game.

• Love 3

Thanks for posting. I have my original copy of the PS2 version of Britney’s Dance Beat and still pick it up and play it every once in a while. It’s a Fun rhythm game and I love unlocking the behind the scenes videos and DWAD tour footage as well. :) 

I did play the American Dream game for a little bit back in the day but got bored with it. I wish there was a way to play it now because I’d like to revisit it. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Also yes, as @Isla mentioned, there was a mobile game called “Britney Spears Adventures” that was supposed to be released sometime in 2005 but was never released for some reason. Here is some footage of the game, it looks pretty fun for a mobile game from 2005. 

Description of the game:

"Qplaze – RME" presents a java game “Adventures of Britney Spears”
A new (2005 year) joint project from "Qplaze-RME" and "Sony BMG". Help a beginning signer, Britney, to conquer a complicated world of show business by collecting all her Grammy Awards and thus having her name engraved on the Alley of Stars. It’s not easy to do. For all those who are called unlucky envy her and try to prevent her from achieving her goal. Old housewives are just against everything new, homeless people hate her for being rich, punks just don’t like pop music. Of course, there are fans but they are more harmful than useful: they are in the way all the time and try to cut a piece of Britney’s clothes with scissors. And the omnipresent paparazzi strive to dazzle the singer with flash bulbs.

But it is well known that if you see your aim and try to reach it, obstacles are nothing! Go ahead, show business is not too frightening and Hollywood with its Alley of Stars is even closer than you can imagine!

Game features:
Control Britney and pass 15 levels (in a park, a city, a concert hall), +collecting at each level one Grammy Award and thus have your name engraved on the Alley of Stars.

✔️ two kinds of weapon: stars and a deafening scream
✔️ seven different bonuses:
✔️ disks and microphones – to increase your score
✔️ grapes, ice-cream and bananas – to restore health
✔️ hearts – to increase the number of lives (primarily there are 3 of them)
✔️ glasses – a temporary bonus – to protect from the flash produced by paparazzi
✔️ Grammy Award – you have to find this statuette to pass the level
✔️ six different kinds of enemies:
✔️ old housewives hit with bags
✔️ homeless people approach and kick Britney (they hate her for being rich) dogs bite
✔️ paparazzi take photos (and dazzle with a flash)
✔️ fans try to cut a piece of Britney’s clothes with scissors to keep it in their collection
✔️ punks kick (they don’t like pop music)
✔️ and many other different things which either help or prevent you from reaching the end of the game…

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Dublingin said:

The best part of Britney’s Dance Beat was unlocking the bonus videos that included the Dream Within a Dream dress rehearsal footage. It even let you control the camera and move it 360 degrees.

I actually read about that —& for its time, that’s actually really amazing. Seems like it was a fun game, for sure.

6 hours ago, Isla said:

I never played Dance Beat. I liked American Dream, but Glu gave up on it pretty quickly when the game glitched out and stopped updating it (and this was month after it came out too). 

There’s also that cancelled 2005 mobile game.

That’s so funny, they couldn’t update a glitch for her mobile game, haha sounds sort of careless, but oh well. 

—& what?! I’d never heard about a 2005 Britney game, that’s insane. She must be the ultimate video game character.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Thanks for posting. I have my original copy of the PS2 version of Britney’s Dance Beat and still pick it up and play it every once in a while. It’s a Fun rhythm game and I love unlocking the behind the scenes videos and DWAD tour footage as well. :) 

I did play the American Dream game for a little bit back in the day but got bored with it. I wish there was a way to play it now because I’d like to revisit it. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Also yes, as @Isla mentioned, there was a mobile game called “Britney Spears Adventures” that was supposed to be released sometime in 2005 but was never released for some reason. Here is some footage of the game, it looks pretty fun for a mobile game from 2005. 

Description of the game:

I know, @Dublingin commented on the unlocked tour footage —& the 360 camera controls, which is honestly really cool.

I actually didn’t know about her ‘05 game, but it’s giving retro Nintendo sort of vibes. Such a shame it wasn’t released.

Thanks for sharing the gameplay footage, I enjoyed it very much.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

That’s literally Britney Spears in a parallel universe with a Whitney vocal range.

So, despite the fact this isn’t a Britney based game, it’s still really cool to see her likeness in a video game character, as Princess Harmonia, which is a beautiful name.

Thanks for sharing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

That’s so funny, they couldn’t update a glitch for her mobile game, haha sounds sort of careless, but oh well. 

—& what?! I’d never heard about a 2005 Britney game, that’s insane. She must be the ultimate video game character.

Yeah it's a shame the 2005 game got cancelled, it sounded like it could have been fun, but I was too young for a mobile phone back then so wouldn't have been able to play it.

And yeah Glu gave up on their apps pretty quickly if they got glitchy...

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah it's a shame the 2005 game got cancelled, it sounded like it could have been fun, but I was too young for a mobile phone back then so wouldn't have been able to play it.

And yeah Glu gave up on their apps pretty quickly if they got glitchy...

Yes, I get what you mean, I wasn’t allowed a phone then either lol perhaps a new permanent Britney game, in today’s graphics would be amazing, but that would be another tangent. That said, I’m glad you resonated with this topic.

I appreciate it. :)

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.