MTV uploads BOMT 1999 VMA performance in HQ

18 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Y'all should have been there in real time. Britney had never looked this bronzed and grown up before. It was a jaw dropping performance. 

I'm not delusional obviously it's a pre-recorded vocal but still one of her best ever studio vocals by far.

It’s crazy if you compare the rehearsal pics to the performance. With the hair, outfit, tan and makeup she went from looking 15 to 25

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

When I was 8 or 9 years old, what I had in my head that Britney was for me was this performance, a girl with long blonde hair where you could see her stomach dancing in a strange way (in the good sense of the word). Then the single Slave came out (then I was already 11 years old at the time), a friend told me to buy the album ("Britney") and from then on I was a fan.

Apart from my personal experience, this performance is something never seen before in history; a white girl doing Hip-Hop choreography technique. It was the first time. There had been white girls doing Hip-Hop choreography (probably not, Paula Abdul has Arab genes, maybe that would be the only case? And Tina London is a choreographer, even Selena Quintanillla dances Hip-Hop in "Donde quieras que estes" but she is Latina). Even the first time a white girl with a Hip-Hop/R&B sound song (this remix). Yes there was Fergie in Wild Orchit (they didn't have much success), Robyn... But in a important show. 

This perfomance is something; this was new and a departure.

Edited by descg
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.