I was rewatching the Don Philip's X-Factor (unedited) audition and I wanna know what do you think of it

1 hour ago, Fita said:

I felt bad for him. Something happened in the way that made him have his vocals be fry or hurt like that... I also feel bad because LA was saying Britney felt uncomfortable watching him (in the behind the scenes he says omg, I felt like I hurt her!). Anyways, I know that wasn't his intention. I also get what Simon says about him letting go of chasing this dream of being a singer (at least a famous popstar). In the end of the audition Britney wouldn't even look him in the eyes... What do you think? Also did you feel there was a lack of empathy of the judges?

They could ask him for sing some other song, some of his own stuff :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

37 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

After the first vocal, why would they want to hear anything else? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Honestly, I think he chose the wrong song. His voice isn't up to it even if he was fully healthy. He could have sung something of his own or something easier.

And also, honestly, I think Britney had in her contract not to be exposed to emotionally demanding situations, so she pretended that it didn't concern her, but in her eyes I could see her 15-year-old self, she was just trying to hide it. But she was sad.

Edited by Wendy Williams
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I feel like they could have handled that way better.

Britney could have voted yes and give him a hug and the others could have voted no, so he wouldn’t go on but she could give him some support.

I agree. It was all unnecessarily mean. I’m not sure what was bothering her so much, but they were all so quick to gang up on him about how he hurt her when he was obviously really suffering and panicking over it. 

Then again, we don’t really know why she was like that. Her initial response was pretty soft.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Britney could have voted yes and give him a hug and the others could have voted no, so he wouldn’t go on but she could give him some support.

I understand your empathy and that's great but honestly I think that, with people like him, the last thing you should do is giving him false hopes. And we know that if she gave him a little bit of support, even a fake one, he would have been ready to go back to the whole "I'm the next super star" mode he had for way too long in his mind.

I've seen too many people like him in my life. What they need is a cold shower, a good coffee and then at 8 am on monday morning they start looking for a real job. :elton:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

1 hour ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I agree. It was all unnecessarily mean. I’m not sure what was bothering her so much, but they were all so quick to gang up on him about how he hurt her when he was obviously really suffering and panicking over it. 

Then again, we don’t really know why she was like that. Her initial response was pretty soft.

Why would she have given support after he went negative on stage accusing her of being homophobic? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BuyingCircusTourDMMe said:

Because the people involved are disgusting creatures and likely filled this poor guys head with absolute lies to fuel up drama 

Doesn't matter, that wasn't the time or the place to bring something up like that in front of a full audience, and the fellow judges.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Why would she have given support after he went negative on stage accusing her of being homophobic? 

She WAS initially supportive, though. She made a cute face and said quite softly “I think it’s fine that you’re gay”. Maybe she was triggered by something else or just uncomfortable with the whole situation. She had her own baggage and the guy was hard to watch. 

I don’t think it’s fair to say he called her homophobic. He’s clearly very nervous and anxious, but hey many people here barely have compassion for Britney so I’m not surprised people judge this guy too.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

i think britney is an empath, she clearly felt this guy. also , she was next to the judges who were clearly staring at her, like she brought this guy up here. it’s embarrassing to the singer and to britney. to be honest, i think they fed him the line to ask britney if she was a homophobe and for him to come out. that part seems scripted to me. f these “reality” shows. they’re all fake.  i know she hated xfactor. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Doesn't matter, that wasn't the time or the place to bring something up like that in front of a full audience, and the fellow judges.

I agree but I truly believe they knew his situation, told him all this stuff like you should confront her etc gaslighting him all for tv, I know someone that auditioned for xfactor and the entire is fabricated by producers. Not fully defending him but I also know someone that knew him IRL and they said he’s an absolute sweetheart :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

The whole thing is so sad and uncomfortable. I do agree with others it seemed the show was exploiting someone with clear mental health issues (but this doesn't surprise me as the UK version of The X Factor has had the same criticism). They edited it to make the judges look like they were not okay with Don's s£xuality, when in actual fact they didn't have an issue with this (Simon said so himself in the unedited version).

I think overall, this situation was awkward for Britney especially given her history with him. I do think she did the right thing not putting him through though. Because 1. it would have opened up to him further exploitation/humiliation and that would NOT be okay and 2. his voice just wasn't up to the standards it should have been. It's a shame as he sounded good on I Will Still Love You but something happened along the way that affected his voice (I've seen some people say it's d r u g issues).

• Like 1

They all knew he was going to audition, including Britney Spears, this is how X-Factor works. The people you see auditioning on stage on TV have actually auditioned already in front of the producers and music experts of the show MONTHS before the actual judges see them. There's no way they didn't know he was going to perform, and they also knew who he was, despite what Simon Cowell claimed during the audition. 

Edited by britneymegamix
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.