Blake Lively wears Britney's iconic Versace dress at the premiere of her new film "It Ends With Us"

How dare this blonde chick wears my dress and tell people that I inspire them? I never liked gossip girl and your husband is gay. I’m calling my lawyers, bish Blake.-Britney Spears via twitter. 

10 min later

It wasn’t me, it was my janitor who wrote this. I love blake and I like sparkles!!!  That’s   why I’m closing my twitter. To show that I care🌹 -Britney Spears via tiktok

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

It is completely disrespectful is what it is, and how fans are on board is beyond me. Blake literally admits the dress should be displayed in a Smithsonian, yet she still went ahead and had it altered to fit her and wore it…

For god sake, just be happy such a celebrity pays tribute to Britney

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Derrickr411 said:

My question is who sold it ?

Versace Couture owns the dress and they will give it to whoever they liked to wear it. Is archive piece so I doubt they will ever sell it. Kind of pity they don't have another one and only one dress after all these years. Britney never owned the dress she just wore it. Most of her red carpet dresses are not hers. 

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

It is completely disrespectful is what it is, and how fans are on board is beyond me. Blake literally admits the dress should be displayed in a Smithsonian, yet she still went ahead and had it altered to fit her and wore it…

How is it disrespectful? There's nothing bad in paying homage to a legend. Many artists have done this in the past to other artists they admire and they have worn their outfits or replicated them. The comments in this thread don't pass the vibe tbh. Blake looks beautiful in it, just like Britney looked radiant and gorgeous when she wore it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, UncutJamz said:

How did she obtain this dress? Brit kept some dresses; this sparks an inquiry on who profited off the dress if Brit had it. Brit has mentioned stuff stolen from her.

Designers make dresses for people all the time, to wear and show off their work. But they usually give it back at the end of the night unless they for some reason buy it. Guarantee Britney doesn’t own a lot of her red carpet looks. 

2 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

How is it disrespectful? There's nothing bad in paying homage to a legend. Many artists have done this in the past to other artists they admire and they have worn their outfits or replicated them. The comments in this thread don't pass the vibe tbh. Blake looks beautiful in it, just like Britney looked radiant and gorgeous when she wore it.

Yeah you’ll have to excuse this troll. She needs to get off the internet. Imagine being so mad about someone wearing a dress. Life must be pretty boring. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

If you can’t see the opportunistic intent behind her wearing Britneys dress to gain buzz for herself at her movie premiere, I dunno what to tell you. If she hadn’t worn Britneys dress she wouldn’t have gotten half the attention she’s gotten for herself and her movie. It is all super calculated & riding off Britneys coattails for publicity. She looks pretty and all but the dress is too short and small for her, her altering the dress to fit into it is just beyond to me as well.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

If you can’t see the opportunistic intent behind her wearing Britneys dress to gain buzz for herself at her movie premiere, I dunno what to tell you. If she hadn’t worn Britneys dress she wouldn’t have gotten half the attention she’s gotten for herself and her movie. It is all super calculated & riding off Britneys coattails for publicity. She looks pretty and all but the dress is too short and small for her, her altering the dress to fit into it is just beyond to me as well.

Girl get out of here! It’s a DRESS. It’s not that deep. Blake did nothing disrespectful of the sort. It’s called admiration. The fact you’ve been going on and ON about this, get off the internet. Go outside. It’ll be ok!

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.