The In The Zone bonus tracks/EP are such a disappointment.

Don't Hang Up is one of her prettiest songs, The Answer is great too :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I think they should've replaced Girls and Boys with Rockstar (which is leaked as Final & lossless in 2022 anyways) also Strangest Love recorded in 2006 that's why it's not included on anything ITZ related. :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

In The Zone is such an amazing album but the bonus tracks (The Answer, Don’t Hang Up, Girls and Boys) are so forgettable. 

It’s especially sad because we’ve heard so many amazing unreleased songs from the era like Strangest Love that could’ve fit the album perfectly.

Does anyone else find these tracks lame?

This one and forgettable? The rest is definitely terrible and boring, but Don't Hang Up no :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

• Love 1

Sippin’ On is a really good song too. How that one never got released is beyond me. I wish Britney was involved in the mid 2000s hip hop scene. That track, Tilt Ya Head Back, stuff like that would’ve been perfect.

Dont Hang Up isn’t a bad song, it’s just always sounded like it was missing something for me. Same with The Answer. 

This sounds better to me. Idk what it is about the production that I just find lacking in both songs:

ON.SOUNDCLOUD.COM

28-year-old Mexican amateur singer, producer & songwriter. Just for fun :)

I don’t hate girls & boys like everyone else in this thread seemingly does lol but compared to the unreleased songs it does pale in comparison. Britney doesn’t even sign the chorus. No idea why they chose that one instead of other songs that were finished like And Then We Kiss or Sippin On

Edited by studlygeorge
  • Like 1
On 8/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, PlayboyMommy said:

Well you'd be glad to know The Answer was actually produced by Ryan Leslie and not Diddy. Diddy was credited cause Ryan was signed to him through Bad Boy Records, same thing happened with every other Bad Boy producer

001~1754.jpg

Additionally, they worked on another unreleased song as well as the fake rap song that was gonna be featured on her scrapped Punk'd episode with Busta Rhymes, she originally wrote the song as a joke while on tour in '99

Ryan most famously produced Cassie's first album including Me & U

If you know, how true is it that "The Answer" was originally a Tamar Braxton song?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The Answer is fine, sounds like something Dainty Kain would do in 2005. Her vocals are good.

Don't Hang Up is pretty much a standout.

Girls & Boys was unfisnihed from Linda said (no Britney on chorus). If it sounded more like the acoustic demo it would be better.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2024 at 9:40 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

In The Zone is such an amazing album but the bonus tracks (The Answer, Don’t Hang Up, Girls and Boys) are so forgettable. 

It’s especially sad because we’ve heard so many amazing unreleased songs from the era like Strangest Love that could’ve fit the album perfectly.

Does anyone else find these tracks lame?

I do. Among the ones above I think I'd only save The Answer and Strangest Love, the rest is :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

5 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

First time I'm hearing that. Do you care to expand?

I know you always come through with the sources so I would love to know what you found about that

It's something I read on an old forum, and since your post matched with big part of what it said, I thought there could be some truth to it and you knew something about it.

WWW.TOMBRAIDERFORUMS.COM

Mtv: Britney Releasing New Songs On DVD General Chat

(a word from the web master:"Ok, I just want to clarify something. P Diddy did NOT produce 'The Answer'. He just lend his name to be put on the track for a huge amount of money. The entire track was produced by Ryan Leslie of Next Selection and it was done in about 12 hours. Britney came in and cut the tracks in just a couple of hours. The song was originally not even gonna make the UK edition of the album and it almost went to Tony Braxton's sister Tamar Braxton, who had already finished the track. I listened to Tamar's version and it sounded totally different (amazing how artist's personalities change the way the same songs sound). Once Ryan had finished the track, all Diddy did was give the thumbs up on it. The track cost Jive almost $80,000, from which 92% went to Diddy and 8% went to Ryan Leslie. Nevertheless, thanks to 'The Answer', Ryan Leslie's production company was able to start charging 4 times more money than usual for a produced track, all because of Britney's name!")

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.