The In The Zone bonus tracks/EP are such a disappointment.

In The Zone is such an amazing album but the bonus tracks (The Answer, Don’t Hang Up, Girls and Boys) are so forgettable. 

It’s especially sad because we’ve heard so many amazing unreleased songs from the era like Strangest Love that could’ve fit the album perfectly.

Does anyone else find these tracks lame?

• Love 2

The only underwhelming bonus track on the album is “Girls and Boys”, imo. Can’t believe that’s the best Linda Perry had to offer. She was clearly Team Christina.

I love “The Answer” and “Don’t Hang Up”, although the former has since been deleted from my library, because f_uck Diddy. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, PolySpears said:

Boys is a bonus track on ITZ?

No, it’s not. It’s a different song called Girls and Boys.

(Side note because I’m a nerd: this is why the inconsistent and debated use of Oxford commas is super confusing. OP’s post could be mistaken as simply excluding an Oxford comma and referring to two separate songs called Girls and Boys.)

Edited by MarshallMathers
  • Love 3
  • Like 2
33 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I love “The Answer” and “Don’t Hang Up”, although the former has since been deleted from my library, because f_uck Diddy. 

Well you'd be glad to know The Answer was actually produced by Ryan Leslie and not Diddy. Diddy was credited cause Ryan was signed to him through Bad Boy Records, same thing happened with every other Bad Boy producer

001~1754.jpg

Additionally, they worked on another unreleased song as well as the fake rap song that was gonna be featured on her scrapped Punk'd episode with Busta Rhymes, she originally wrote the song as a joke while on tour in '99

Ryan most famously produced Cassie's first album including Me & U

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Burning_Up said:

I don't see them being disappointment at all.

I wish Girls and Boys and The Answer were on standart tracklist instead of Shadow and Brave new girl. The bonuses fit album's **** and kinda moody vibe 

Instead of SHADOW!? I didn’t know a stranger could hurt my feelings so much.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Fay1981 said:

Don't Hang Up is one of the best songs from the album. I don't understand how it wasn't included on the standard version.

I came to say the same thing, Don’t Hang Up is top 3 from ITZ & a gorgeous sister track to Breathe on Me & Touch of My Hand. Britney wrote it, she does all the background vocals herself.. top tier Britney. The Answer is amazing too, they both should’ve been on the standard edition.

• Love 3

I disagree. Don’t Hang Up is 10/10 and should have been on the standard edition. The Answer is a really cool R&B track even if it’s a bit tainted because of Diddy’s involvement.

Girls and Boys is severely underrated. I do agree though a lot of the unreleased songs recorded for the album that leaked are really good.

Edited by Isla

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.