Would A New Britney Album Be Successful or Flop Due To Drama & Headlines?

5 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

She would have to do something radically different. Dump the s** theme, dump the overproduced computerized vocals, change her image, maybe go brunette? And go back to basics and release a song with her raw vocals and a song that's personal. 

I agree about the auto tune. 

• Love 3

she's perpetually one hit song from being a "success" in the eyes of the media imo
the media/public forget very fast, so it wouldn't be impossible for an album to succeed
i am personally not here for vapid production-saturated songs, but i don't expect much artistry/depth if anything were to occur

• Like 2

She needs to create a new direction and use her voice correctly rather than singing as if she’s a Britney Spears cartoon.

I liked Glory but a lot of the songs sounded very Justin Beibery/Selena Gomezy-trendy for that time. 

Femme Fatale might not be everyone’s favourite era, her voice was mostly robotney, but everything in that album sounded completely new and set up the pop music scene for years after. 

PS. Sorry to say but the dance moves of late are no longer a valid excuse for badly lip syncing your way through a performance. Give yourself some credit and sing live. We believe in you. 

Edited by DanjaMouse
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

GP hasn't cared about Britney for over 10 years. People just want to consume the controversies surrounding her, but when it comes to her art, only her fans are interested. Britney is a dated artist for most people outside the fan bubble. She is not respected as a celebrity, much less as an artist. Try asking a friend or relative who doesn't follow her career what they think about her and the answer will always be negative. Britney has lived with controversy for over 10 years and if it weren't for that, obviously many people from the new generation wouldn't even know who she is. The book sold well because it gave exactly what people expected from her: drama, chaos, controversy... you have to be very delusional to believe that a future album would have the same commercial performance as the book. For this to happen, Britney would have to go through the biggest image cleanup ever seen in the industry. In addition to convincing people that she really has talent, and for that she would have to work hard, with performances, interviews, showing that she participated in the entire production process of the album, that she took control of her life once and for all. and career. Be honest: does anyone see this happening? I am not.

you’re always so negative here Make It Stop Tiffany Pollard GIF

i think a really good pop record would do well and that’s what britney’s been the best to deliver. she always adapted to what was trendy at the time and gave it her own twist. i think rn people are desperate for danceable music and something reminiscent of the past - see all the mtv nostalgia tweets and hype around the katy comeback, everyone thought her old sound would be back and well…

she should fully tap into her in the zone era and go from there. a more modern take on it for sure but it was truly when she was her best both in sound and choreography. her experimental tracks were truly her best work even if jive scrapped them. 

the most important thing would also be INTERVIEWS. the GP (and us really) need to know she’s 100% there and up for it, it would be great just to hear her talk regularly lol. 

and a showcase special much like the abc one in 2003. intimate and comfortable for her and her fans, live-streamed for the GP.

let’s just hope if she ever comes back it’s not another manjobi type of situation Britney Spears Laughing GIF

• Like 1

If she did promo maybe success but I think some ppl here are very much overestimating interest in Britney’s music by the GP. The book sold well because ppl wanted to hear about the conservatorship etc from her POV but I doubt that many ppl care about her music. Also since she has been free the GP opinion has gone sooooo downhill thanks to her IG so I think that’d reflect in sales etc. I mean she’ll always have a decent fanbase buying her stuff but she won’t have success like she previously did unless she does proper PR etc, which is fine and her choice. If she released something stale with no PR it’d go the way of Mind Your Business IMO, and I also agree with the poster who said her current dancing means she can no longer get away with lip syncing. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 3Pney said:

if its just a song release without a music video and she ll only post one tweet saying her album is out without any world tour or any performances, then it will be no 1 in the first week and fall off the charts next week.

At this stage of the game, we are going to be lucky if we get anything at all, but if Britney does release something, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as you described.

If the make believe project is good, I as a fan would listen, buy, stream, with or without a huge circus surrounding it. She won't have Taylor's or Beyonka's numbers, but frankly, I doubt she would care. Neither would I.

I would just be happy to hear Britney singing something new.

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Everyone wants to know if Britney can still pull off being a popstar. There is interest and there is a whole lot of doubt (always works in her favor when she is counted out) and if handled well, her next album rollout will be a success. 

I hope she proves people wrong and reclaims her pop princess crown.

2 hours ago, Ashwin said:

Everyone wants to know if Britney can still pull off being a popstar. There is interest and there is a whole lot of doubt (always works in her favor when she is counted out) and if handled well, her next album rollout will be a success. 

I hope she proves people wrong and reclaims her pop princess crown.

TBH I don't even think she wants success on such a large scale. 

Britney is done. They sell nostalgia, that's why people still check her old catalog, but not her more recent projects.

I wrote they because of how obvious is the fact Britney has nothing to do with her own career anymore.  We had another example of that with her (allegedly) Halsey rant.

To be successful you need to at least care for your career, understand where you need to improve, change what's necessary,  have contact with fans and see the music industry changes.

Not Britney case anymore.

24 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Britney is done. They sell nostalgia, that's why people still check her old catalog, but not her more recent projects.

I wrote they because of how obvious is the fact Britney has nothing to do with her own career anymore.  We had another example of that with her (allegedly) Halsey rant.

To be successful you need to at least care for your career, understand where you need to improve, change what's necessary,  have contact with fans and see the music industry changes.

Not Britney case anymore.

I don't think Britney wants big stardom, I think she may feel happy to not have to sit for interviews, be on a grueling schedule.

I agree Britney doesn't seem to have a hand in her career, this random Skateboard collab, the perfumes still being pumped out with her name slapped on allegedly.

I think they'll just keep going for quick cash grabs. 

6 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I don't think Britney wants big stardom, I think she may feel happy to not have to sit for interviews, be on a grueling schedule.

I agree Britney doesn't seem to have a hand in her career, this random Skateboard collab, the perfumes still being pumped out with her name slapped on allegedly.

I think they'll just keep going for quick cash grabs. 

Unfortunately it doesn't seem Britney is happy with anything right now. She still has that stress vibe she had during the c-ship,  even tho she always in "vacations", not working, doing what she allegedly wants to do...

The skateboard thing is just another ridiculous thing her team is trying to sell. If they want cash grabs, which is obvious by now, they need to actually understand Britney fandom and how the market works. 

They are so smart to hide certain things, but so dumb for cash grabs... it's insane lol.

Not only cheap products, but look the Tate interview. Since 2019 is like Britney died and they're doing the same thing MJ and Whitney teams keep doing, milking their legacy for more money... but Britney is alive.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.