Tyla BET awards paying homage to 2001 VMA performance

Tylas performance last night at the BET Awards was very reminiscent of Britneys 2001 Vma performance. Of course no where near the original but Tyla can definitely perform. She's wearing the same bra and cage like theme. 

Tyla is a great performer but she was very lack luster here. I've seen her go much harder in other performances, but I hear she had surgery on her leg recently due to an injury in dance rehearsals. Hopefully she fully heals and comes back harder with her performances, also not mad if she has to start using backing tracks and killing her choreography. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

That plastic tiger in a cage looks ridicolous lol.

I really feel sorry for this generation young people-they can't have experience of watching real great top performance. U can't even say this is homage to Britneys real tiger in cage and python dancing. It was and is epic. Today artists i don't really follow that much but honestly they can not come up with anything really epic. Bc it is almost impossible to top MJ, Madonna, Britney, Pink and etc. Not trying to diminish this girls performance but honestly for me it is just average twerking and singing.

1 hour ago, icybaby said:

That plastic tiger in a cage looks ridicolous lol.

I really feel sorry for this generation young people-they can't have experience of watching real great top performance. U can't even say this is homage to Britneys real tiger in cage and python dancing. It was and is epic. Today artists i don't really follow that much but honestly they can not come up with anything really epic. Bc it is almost impossible to top MJ, Madonna, Britney, Pink and etc. Not trying to diminish this girls performance but honestly for me it is just average twerking and singing.

Lol that wasn't a plastic tiger, those were 4 different people. It was a great concept, the elephant was probably plastic though lol. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.