Pretty Girls Appreciation Thread

Oh boy, it's that time of year when nostalgia takes over me... 

Let's go back in time 9 years and one month to may 2015, when the campy masterpiece known as "Pretty Girls" was released: At the time it received a mixed repection (A.K.A everyone thought it was sh1tty), but as of 2024 I think the song has aged with dignity and it beautifully encapsulates the sound of it's time.

First of all, let's put things in context, PG was Britney's first song after the disaster that Britney Jean was, and honestly, it's a big improvement, Despite the omnipresence of Iggy in the track she still sings more in it than in the 90% of BJ; And of course, the moment that first chorus kicks in, you can just feel Britney's energy being all over the track.

Also, let's focus a bit more on her vocals, I think I'm not exaggerating when I say it that at the time, it was her best vocal performance since 2008, and we even got a few classic Britney adlibs here and there which was quite a treat for the ears. 

:donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

During the time of the promotion of the song, Britney also seemed to be enjoying herself a lot and around that time is when we saw her fire comeback, with genuine moments where she seemed to be enjoying herself on the stage and having REAL FUN, which is extremely wholesome and just warms my heart  (getting emotional thinking of how underrated is 2015ney in general) :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Being honest, the only complains I have about the song are about the video, with the shameless product placement and some wack choices made by her stylist that made her look like Matilda's mom in some scenes, despite that, she OWNED that long curly hair look and the pool scene is FIERCE (Glenn ate that one lil thing).

She promised us artsy fartsy and artsy fartsy is what we got. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Honestly I wish we gave this track more love back when we could, what do you guys think? 

spacer.png

PS: We need to talk about the fact that at some point this was the lead single of an album but that's a topic for another day.

Edited by YellowPaperSun
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I love Iggy and I support her, but she was unnecessary. The only female rapper that actually brings a song to life is Nicki Minaj (point blank, period), and Britney’s stupid team should’ve paid that 250k for a feature, *****!:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Just now, Style. said:

I love Iggy and I support her, but she was unnecessary. The only female rapper that actually brings a song to life is Nicki Minaj (point blank, period), and Britney’s stupid team should’ve paid that 250k for a feature, *****!:endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Well yes! I'm not fond of Eggy Eggs myself but she made the choice to collaborate with her because apparently Jayden was stanning her, I also believe Onika would have added more substance to the rap break of the song, but anyway.

I still enjoy the song for what it is, a girlypop anthem, it somehow always manages to uplift my mood and make me feel like a sassy *****, despite being a boy with more hair than braincells who's built like a tank :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, YellowPaperSun said:

Well yes! I'm not fond of Eggy Eggs myself but she made the choice to collaborate with her because apparently Jayden was stanning her, I also believe Onika would have added more substance to the rap break of the song, but anyway.

I still enjoy the song for what it is, a girlypop anthem, it somehow always manages to uplift my mood and make me feel like a sassy *****, despite being a boy with more hair than braincells who's built like a tank :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

So you’re a twank? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

Kidding, ofc it’s a fun song but not my cup of tea at all! :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Haha 1

I was obsessed with this song when it came out but it sounds too much like fancy and I never listen to it anymore

whoever was the stylist for the video needs a new day job, it was so bad 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.