Original Doll: The Bible of Pop?

this is all a theory:

Original Doll IS the bible of pop. What if Original Doll = Blackout? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

Maybe due to My Greatest Hits and her sons' births Britney had to sideline Original Doll, and it eventually turned into Blackout.  It might explain why the lead single, Mona Lisa, was released as a track from Chaotic. Plus, Original Doll was just a tentative name, never finalized.

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: Discuss!

Edited by PolySpears

An insider stated, “the plans were shelved", adding, "The media and record buying public have been exposed to way too much Britney and because of that her album... has been pushed to the 2006 release schedule. Instead, Britney will try for a family and slowly but surely record new material.” 

pushed to 2006? She began recording Blackout in 2006 :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

1 minute ago, Michel de Mal said:

Original Doll = Blackout  that's it! 

Some of "Original Doll" (early blackout) songs sounds soo underproduced to me...so this was definitely only the working title of the next project along with the very first concept demo songs :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

1 hour ago, PolySpears said:

this is all a theory:

Original Doll IS the bible of pop. What if Original Doll = Blackout? :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

Maybe due to My Greatest Hits and her sons' births Britney had to sideline Original Doll, and it eventually turned into Blackout.  It might explain why the lead single, Mona Lisa, was released as a track from Chaotic. Plus, Original Doll was just a tentative name, never finalized.

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: Discuss!

With songs like Money Flop & Happiness the album was gonna be a hot mess, God bless Jive for telling her to beat it, If anything it would be the Satanic Bible of Pop :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Haha 5
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

I wonder if the name was just a shade because the pu$$ycat dolls were popular back in 2005/2006.

I remember reading she came up with "Original Doll" in response to a girl group being launched she felt was being moulded after her success. Some think this was referring to the Pu$$ycat Dolls but I'm not sure how true this is.

• Like 2

I think Original Doll resulted in Blackout. Not in a way that is directly the same but she changed directions and resulted in a new take with Blackout. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

I also read the title came because she heard they wanted to make a girl group with a bunch of Britneys aka PCD.

Gosh, this is the stuff I wish Britney discuss, her work. I want all the tea from this "lost album" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Isla said:

I remember reading she came up with "Original Doll" in response to a girl group being launched she felt was being moulded after her success. Some think this was referring to the Pu$$ycat Dolls but I'm not sure how true this is.

Hmm I didn't know about that.

So it was probably a shade. After her IG it's interesting to look back certain things. I was thinking other day the name of the album was odd and pcd were big when she revealed the name. 

Britney even made fun of Lindsay with album name options.

I think she was just done with her career back then, but she needed to release more projects.

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Like 1
On 6/19/2024 at 9:45 AM, PolySpears said:

pushed to 2006? She began recording Blackout in 2006 :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Tbh in recent years I feel like The Original Doll/fifth album was something that Jive was pushing and Britney was actually purposefully trying to sabotage/delay. They were working her like hell and every alleged leaked track thus far with the exception of Mona Lisa has been an In The Zone reject.

My personal take is that Jive wanted to quickly put out another album after In The Zone to continue her “an album a year” trend and were willing to use In The Zone outtakes to make up an album. Keep in mind at this point all her albums with the exception of ITZ had outtakes from previous albums in them. While I think Britney did enjoy Mona Lisa, I view her leaking it to the radio along with any type of inside information (title/tentative release date) was a way of delaying any future project as she made it very clear in The Woman In Me that she was purely exhausted by this point. Producers and insiders have said that she submitted an album around 2006(?) that was later rejected by the label and she had to continue to work on more tracks which eventually resulted in Blackout. I believe that’s what the producer who leaked Red Hot Lipstick said anyway.

There was also another person who said Eat You Up by BOA was submitted in 2004/2005 for an album that never got off the ground which does track with The Original Doll timeline

in all honesty after all we’ve learned from the past years, more signs point to this being a rushed product from Jive than a passion project from an exhausted Britney. 

Edited by studlygeorge
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

My personal take is that Jive wanted to quickly put out another album after In The Zone to continue her “an album a year”

This. Literally the reason why they kept Bloodshy & Avant around during the last few dates of the tour after she recorded My Prerogative (which her first A&R Steve Lunt recently revealed wasn't actually Britney's idea but instead came as a mandate from then Jive CEO Clive Calder) was so that they could keep churning out new material for the Chaotic EP for the following fiscal year which is also why she refered to it as a 'project' instead of an album when asked on TRL since it was tied to the TV series

That being said, this new original fifth album theory is per usual Original Doll conspiracy theorist doing the most and reading way too much into a single quote from a producer

The infamous demo CD she was seen holding was dated November 14th and it featured songs made months before Teresa LaBarbera Whites took over as A&R such as the J.R. tracks like Everybody which were done shortly after they met in March so, needless to say, they didn't scrap any finished album because she hadn't recorded anything up until that point and any tracks that failed to make cut simply weren't good

55 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

This. Literally the reason why they kept Bloodshy & Avant around during the last few dates of the tour after she recorded My Prerogative (which her first A&R Steve Lunt recently revealed wasn't actually Britney's idea but instead came as a mandate from then Jive CEO Clive Calder) was so that they could keep churning out new material for the Chaotic EP for the following fiscal year which is also why she refered to it as a 'project' instead of an album when asked on TRL since it was tied to the TV series

That being said, this new original fifth album theory is per usual Original Doll conspiracy theorist doing the most and reading way too much into a single quote from a producer

The infamous demo CD she was seen holding was dated November 14th and it featured songs made months before Teresa LaBarbera Whites took over as A&R such as the J.R. tracks like Everybody which were done shortly after they met in March so, needless to say, they didn't scrap any finished album because she hadn't recorded anything up until that point and any tracks that failed to make cut simply weren't good

I’m not as deeply familiar with the overall history and timeline of this era when it comes to recording and who said what, nor am I trying to push any “conspiracies” or being a “conspiracy theorist” :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: 

unless you know otherwise, I’m suggesting Jive may have been pushing for an entire album rollout from 2004-2007 and Britney was simply delaying the project for as long as she could. Maybe instead they decided on the Chaotic EP until an album was ready for release? I dunno. Curious here

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.