Why is it "Overprotected (Radio Edit)"? Is there an extended version of it?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kevin. said:

do you not know what radio edit is?

No, I don't. nene GIF 

Spoiler

[contains irony]

I know what radio edit is, of course, but I wanna know the actual difference between regular version and the radio one.

Edited by Fita
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, kevin. said:

That's apparently the version we have on Britney album from Spotify. And apparently the only difference is the "ACTION!!!" missing from the intro and the break.

edit: no, i just heard the one on Spotify and both britney and singles collection have the word action. 

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UnderHisSpell said:

The only difference between album and radio version is that the dude shouting "Action" is removed on the radio version :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Hm... yeah, apparently that's the difference, indeed. Thanks!

Edited by Fita
14 minutes ago, Red Wine Supernova said:

Usually they remove vulgar language, profanity or anything inappropriate from a song so it’s appropriate for the radio. 

This and if a song happens to run on the longer side, a radio edit will often be done to make it closer to the ideal radio length of around 3 minutes. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Barmy86 said:

What did they do different again and why is the album version not steaming 

The only difference between the album/original version and the radio edit is:

The radio edit is missing the shout "action" both times, in the intro as well as after the bridge. 

Track duration is still the same. 

On Spotify, Youtube and everywhere else the track is mislabeled as radio edit, which isn't the case. It's the album version.

The lyrics are also misspelled during the chorus:

Correct: What am I to do to *win* my life? (confirmed by Britney herself) 

Wrong: What am I to do *with* my life? (found everywhere online, even during the official lyric video with the Crossroads outtakes) 

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Love 3
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: Just my theory, but I think the "Action" was removed because it was easier for the radio hosts to cue the song to start from the first verse (cutting the intro) to make it shorter. Radios be like that.

The bigger question would be for me: 

Why choose the word action for Overprotected? What was the motivation and context behind it? 

2 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

The only difference between the album/original version and the radio edit is:

The radio edit is missing the shout "action" both times, in the intro as well as after the bridge. 

Track duration is still the same. 

On Spotify, Youtube and everywhere else the track is mislabeled as radio edit, which isn't the case. It's the album version.

The lyrics are also misspelled during the chorus:

Correct: What am I to do to *win* my life? (confirmed by Britney herself) 

Wrong: What am I to do *with* my life? (found everywhere online, even during the official lyric video with the Crossroads outtakes) 

That clarifies things!! So the radio edit version of britney album of spotify is just the album version which is the same that they have on the singles collection... but the radio edit is this one (I guess):

And I wonder if in the official lyrics it's really what am I to do to win my life?

3 minutes ago, Fita said:

That clarifies things!! So the radio edit version of britney album of spotify is just the album version which is the same that they have on the singles collection... but the radio edit is this one (I guess):

And I wonder if in the official lyrics it's really what am I to do to win my life?

It's exactly so as summed up by yourself. 

As far as the lyrics go, I can confirm, it's the *win* version the correct one, since this was one of the topics on exhale not long ago, with a video snipped of Britney herself correcting the guy interviewing her. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.