Britney & Sam's Wedding: What The Hell Happened?

Yesterday, June 9th 2024, marked two years since Britney and Sam's wedding ceremony, and as I was feeling a tad nostalgic, I couldn't stop myself from looking back at the pictures and news of that timestamp to refresh my memory, as it was one of the few big recent events of the fandom. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I bet we all remember the thing was kinda hectic, with Jason Alexander crashing the reception of the wedding, and the fans being scared because something could've happened to Britney...

Anyhow, until that point, everything seemed to be going great for Britney and for a while everything went fine, specially considering she even dared to step back in the studio days after the ceremony despite not hitting the booth since 2018.

Few weeks went by and Britney seemed increasingly upset and started complaining about various things about the wedding, certain guests included :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:, and I noticed her behavior overall started to be more chaotic on Instagram than usual around that time, does anybody know what led to this?

It seems like something that happened that day triggered immensely, yet little info is avaliable to the public and most of it it's just gossip, so, what's the tea? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

Someone else posted this same thread like a week or so ago...:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed something weird must have happened, I thought I was being paranoid but apparently this is a conspiracy theory we are actually interested in :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods

I'm not sure what happened tbh but all I know is that everything about this wedding was shady from the start.

Just the fact that Britney didn't know who was gonna attend her wedding was a red flag.

I wish I could know what really happened at her wedding.

I read on here that her resentment toward Selena started cause she either said something that triggered Britney or did something with Sam.

I wonder which one is true.

• Like 7

Britney first asked her fans on video where she should have her wedding with Sam. She wanted a destination wedding. She mentioned Italy.

In an IG caption she also revealed she wanted her wedding in Italy 

FZbAYSZXkAAxbkJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Then it's alleged Cade and Sam surprised her with a wedding at her home with guests she had no idea were coming.

She was upset that Selena Gomez was drunk at her wedding and told Britney to make up with her mother and that she just wants Britney to be happy. 

She was even more upset that someone at the wedding said out loud Sam + Selena would make the perfect couple. 

She then went on a honeymoon with Cade instead of Sam.

Edited by justhanging
  • Like 8
2 minutes ago, justhanging said:

Britney first asked her fans on video where she should have her wedding with Sam. She wanted a destination wedding. She mentioned Italy.

In an IG caption she revealed she also wanted her wedding in Italy 

FZbAYSZXkAAxbkJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Then it's alleged Cade and Sam surprised her with a wedding at her home with guests she had no idea were coming.

She was upset that Selena Gomez was drunk at her wedding and told Britney to make up with her mother and that she just wants Britney to be happy. 

She was even more upset that someone at the wedding said out loud Sam + Selena would make the perfect couple. 

She then went on a honeymoon with Cade instead of Sam.

I completely forgot about her saying she'd like to get married on Italy.

I doubt the at-home wedding was a total surprise tho because the organization must've taken days considering it's magnitude and level of detail, but I don't doubt some people were invited despite Britney's being unaware of it, for example, Ansel Ergot was there and luckily they don't know each other (or that's what I like to tell myself).

Also Selena getting wasted seems weird because she can't drink much because of her kidney transplant, but it's not impossible.

The source of Britney getting upset over a comment of a guest saying Selena and Sam would make a good couple is her own Instagram right? (despite not name dropping), I think I remember that post.

Her beef with Selena is strange to say the least because the day after the wedding she praised her without apparently any shady remarks, so maybe it was something she did after the big day.

I'm very confused :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

Yesterday, June 9th 2024, marked two years since Britney and Sam's wedding ceremony, and as I was feeling a tad nostalgic, I couldn't stop myself from looking back at the pictures and news of that timestamp to refresh my memory, as it was one of the few big recent events of the fandom. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I bet we all remember the thing was kinda hectic, with Jason Alexander crashing the reception of the wedding, and the fans being scared because something could've happened to Britney...

Anyhow, until that point, everything seemed to be going great for Britney and for a while everything went fine, specially considering she even dared to step back in the studio days after the ceremony despite not hitting the booth since 2018.

Few weeks went by and Britney seemed increasingly upset and started complaining about various things about the wedding, certain guests included :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:, and I noticed her behavior overall started to be more chaotic on Instagram than usual around that time, does anybody know what led to this?

It seems like something that happened that day triggered immensely, yet little info is avaliable to the public and most of it it's just gossip, so, what's the tea? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

None of us attended the wedding so it wouldn't make sense to speculate based on IG posts or rumors. I do think her mental health declined drastically in 2022. She seemed to be in such good spirits at the beginning of 2022 (she signed her memoir deal, she signed her musical deal, she went back into the studio with Elton) but by 2023 she shifted entirely. Now was that because of a bad care plan or lack of care plan? Both options are possible but most likely we'll never know the truth.

However, the current Britney we have now is way too far from the one in 2022 :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Edited by pablitonizer
  • Love 6
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

I completely forgot about her saying she'd like to get married on Italy.

I doubt the at-home wedding was a total surprise tho because the organization must've taken days considering it's magnitude and level of detail, but I don't doubt some people were invited despite Britney's being unaware of it, for example, Ansel Ergot was there and luckily they don't know each other (or that's what I like to tell myself).

Also Selena getting wasted seems weird because she can't drink much because of her kidney transplant, but it's not impossible.

The source of Britney getting upset over a comment of a guest saying Selena and Sam would make a good couple is her own Instagram right? (despite not name dropping), I think I remember that post.

Her beef with Selena is strange to say the least because the day after the wedding she praised her without apparently any shady remarks, so maybe it was something she did after the big day.

I'm very confused :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

The agression towards Selena is because according to Britney she was condescending and acting as if she knows better than Britney by encouraging her to have a relationship with her mother. 

She didn't just mention Italy. It was a video with filters and she had a chipmunk voice saying she was also considering Greece.

How many times has she expressed interest in going to the UK or Europe in general? Yet she never has gone since being freed. I find it strange but maybe she prefers Mexico and Caribbean islands to protect her privacy. 

Edited by justhanging
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed something weird must have happened, I thought I was being paranoid but apparently this is a conspiracy theory we are actually interested in :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Britney had asked her assistant VickyT to prepare the wedding. It was a wonderful set-up with roses, a white horse drawn carriage, a wedding dress by Donna Versace, jewelry by well-known designers. The guest list was illustrious, but her sons refused to come. Jason made it through the chaos of setting up the tent to rattle the knob on her bedroom. She was in shock. After the ceremony and much dancing with Paris Hilton and her two main dancers from Vegas, Britney and Sam drove off in her white Mercedes.

We also know that it was the day when Biden was in Los Angeles and flights were restricted. No helicopters over her home. This is what we know of the day from reliable sources. Everything else is tabloids.

Much later Britney complained about the lack of a wedding cake and that a "mother' talked smack behind her back. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

None of us attended the wedding so it wouldn't make sense to speculate based on IG posts or rumors. I do think her mental health declined drastically in 2022. She seemed to be in such good spirits at the beginning of 2022 (she signed her memoir deal, she signed her musical deal, she went back into the studio with Elton) but by 2023 she shifted entirely. Now was that because of a bad care plan or lack of care plan? Both options are possible and most likely we'll never know the truth.

However, the current Britney we have now is way too far from the one in 2022 :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Yeah I didn't want to directly address most of the rumors in the original post, because at the end of the day, they're just that, rumors, what caused me to do this thread is because the wedding kind of was a before and after for Britney, 2023ney and 2024ney seem to be in a completely different chapter of their lives than 2022ney, and I thought maybe it had something to do with her wedding.

7 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

None of us attended the wedding so it wouldn't make sense to speculate based on IG posts or rumors. I do think her mental health declined drastically in 2022. She seemed to be in such good spirits at the beginning of 2022 (she signed her memoir deal, she signed her musical deal, she went back into the studio with Elton) but by 2023 she shifted entirely. Now was that because of a bad care plan or lack of care plan? Both options are possible and most likely we'll never know the truth.

KFed's interview with her sons happened in August that year which destroyed her. 

• Like 2
Just now, YellowPaperSun said:

Yeah I didn't want to directly address most of the rumors in the original post, because at the end of the day, they're just that, rumors, what caused me to do this thread is because the wedding kind of was a before and after for Britney, 2023ney and 2024ney seem to be in a completely different chapter of their lives than 2022ney, and I thought maybe it had something to do with her wedding.

I don't think the wedding was the reason for that. Britney seems to trash a lot of things she does, or goes back and forth about a lot things. I think that's part of her personality, but her mental health is not helping either imo 

5 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

Britney had asked her assistant VickyT to prepare the wedding. It was a wonderful set-up with roses, a white horse drawn carriage, a wedding dress by Donna Versace, jewelry by well-known designers. The guest list was illustrious, but her sons refused to come. Jason made it through the chaos of setting up the tent to rattle the knob on her bedroom. She was in shock. After the ceremony and much dancing with Paris Hilton and her two main dancers from Vegas, Britney and Sam drove off in her white Mercedes.

We also know that it was the day when Biden was in Los Angeles and flights were restricted. No helicopters over her home. This is what we know of the day from reliable sources. Everything else is tabloids.

Much later Britney complained about the lack of a wedding cake and that a "mother' talked smack behind her back. 

So probably it was her former M.I.L who didn't like her, I heard rumors from that time saying Sam's family thought she was too old to marry him and they didn't appreciate their noticeable age gap.

All the official details we know are basically 100% positive so idk

I think it was around this time that her boys really split from her. I understand there were problems before but seems like she was still seeing them sometimes

Then they literally refused to even attend her wedding because the rest of Britney’s family wasn’t invited. Maybe that was when she really understood that her sons were fully going to side with their grandparents and father and her sister over her and that sent her into a spiral. 

And the wedding did seem strange because she didn’t really have anyone to invite. Her family betrayed her, she doesn’t have many friends after years of isolation or any coworkers ... seems like they were throwing together an odd list of celebrities in an attempt to have a crowd. Maybe it would have been better to have something more private with just the two of them on a beach 

Edited by KatieKat
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

This is no shade to Britney, but the conservatorship ended and she went off her meds, meds that actually might’ve helped her function as a human. You quit meds you’ve taken for so long and crazy stuff happens to your personality. So sam sees a whole new woman he doesn’t recognize as time goes on. Im sure crazy stuff happened in that house we don’t know about. As far as the wedding, Britney had no friends for years! So of course random people were invited that didn’t make sense. Like drew, Selena. Looked like a fun wedding, but odd guests. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 1
  • Like 7
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, justhanging said:

KFed's interview with her sons happened in August that year which destroyed her. 

I didn't take that into account, and that actually makes sense as to why she was more hermetic and by the end of 2022, that must have destroyed her.

In summer of 2022 a lot of things started to cook, we hate you for that Daphne Barak and Kfed :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Edited by YellowPaperSun
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, YellowPaperSun said:

So probably it was her former M.I.L who didn't like her, I heard rumors from that time saying Sam's family thought she was too old to marry him and they didn't appreciate their noticeable age gap.

All the official details we know are basically 100% positive so idk

Avoid the tabloid stories. Sam's family never indicated anything about the age gap. They always praised him on IG. His mother congratulated BOTH of them, quite different from Britney's mother.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block