I don’t think ‘Britney Jean’ is as bad as everyone makes it out to be

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Style. said:

Thank you for getting my point. It was poorly done and produced, but the hate is forced… the album has cute moments here and there. 

Of course.

Yeah I actually like some of the songs on it like Til Its Gone, Brightest Morning Star, Now That I Found You and Passenger (would've been better with Britney singing the chorus though)

It was cute.

The other thing that I think fans don't like about this album is how Britney said its her most personal album when a lot of the songs really don't seem like they are.

It probably would've been better if she didn't say that but obviously she was made to say that.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Of course.

Yeah I actually like some of the songs on it like Til Its Gone, Brightest Morning Star, Now That I Found You and Passenger (would've been better with Britney singing the chorus though)

It was cute.

The other thing that I think fans don't like about this album is how Britney said its her most personal album when a lot of the songs really don't seem like they are.

It probably would've been better if she didn't say that but obviously she was made to say that.

The photoshoot received a lot of flak too; people had a hard time accepting the fact that the legendary Britney Spears had downgraded like this (image/fashion wise). In my opinion, the stylistic choices for the photoshoot were horrendous.

We live in an era where everything matters, and I’m not shocking the album flopped.

And yes, calling it Britney Jean and labeling it personal was a mistake from the start!!!!!! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I’ve tried giving it another shot, Work ***** is the only one that holds up to me :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I don’t like a lot of that 2013-2017 festival pop sound. It always reminds me of youtube video intros lol 

Some are close to being really good, but something’s missing they just sound empty. I’d love to see what people can do with remixes though. I’ve yet to find a good one   

Edited by sodapopbritney
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
35 minutes ago, Style. said:

The photoshoot received a lot of flak too; people had a hard time accepting the fact that the legendary Britney Spears had downgraded like this (image/fashion wise). In my opinion, the stylistic choices for the photoshoot were horrendous.

We live in an era where everything matters, and I’m not shocking the album flopped.

And yes, calling it Britney Jean and labeling it personal was a mistake from the start!!!!!! 

I actually liked the photoshoot, it was sweet and cute.

It kinda had the same vibe as the BOMT album photoshoot only grown up and more mature.

True.

Yeah I don't know who came up with the idea for her to say that but honestly that backfired hard and ruined Britney's credibility as a music artist.

2 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I need to start taking tally of how many Britney Jean threads get made on this forum. :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

It’s by far the most talked about album by Exhalers which makes it ironically the most popular here lol along with the sweetie little darling Blackout… and Glory.

1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

I enjoyed it significantly more after the Dolby atmos version came out. It showed how poorly the original masters were mixed. It added a new clarity to the music. With that said, it also made the switches between Myah/britney even more glaringly obvious. It’s not a spectacular album by any means, but it’s alright. It’s just quite generic and not Britney’s best work  

With what device you are playing dolby atmos? Cuz with headphones or phone speakers it sounded terrible like everything suppressed in the background  

Posted (edited)

Oh but it is 😂 For many reasons. It hasn’t aged well at all. Forced, rushed, poorly produced, Will I Am,  bad lyrics, Myah singing a lot of the vocals. The only good thing was the Work B video and even then it’s ehhh. She’s just going through the motions. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Style. said:

The album cover shot and the Perfume single cover shot are my most favorite pics from her, especially the Perfume cover. She just looks really pretty and I liked how they had Perfume written in lipstick. 
spacer.png

The album isn’t the worst thing on the planet like a lot of people make it out to be, but it has a few gems, especially Perfume. I think the reason why that song is hated is because of the mark my territory line, but honestly it isn’t a bad ballad and imo, is one of her best vocally since forever.

Like listen to her vocals and just her vocals without the backing vocals and the instrumental and you can tell it’s one of her best.

I remember making a thread with this version. You definitely know she sang this song in its entirety with no Myah. Sia is present, but she always is in every song she writes. 

Tbh I think she had a fun time recording Perfume. She got to show off her vocals more, something as I said she hadn’t done in a while.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

I know it's bad because I know every Britney album inside out after having played them so many times over the years, but I barely even know any of the songs off Britney Jean because I almost immediately stopped playing it at the time of release. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.