I don’t think ‘Britney Jean’ is as bad as everyone makes it out to be

Posted (edited)

I like it too. I don't hate it at all. When it was released the first time I listened to it I enjoyed a lot, the feeling of listening to a brand new album/sound... I feel nostalgic about it, not in a bad way. Personal favorites:

It Should Be Easy

Hold On Tight

Don't Cry

I might add Tik Tik Boom to that list even though the song is trash, lol.

And I'm gonna say, I've always liked Chillin' With You too even though I don't listen to this one due to the background we know... Yeah.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, Style. said:

Britney always sounded good on every album, except ‘Britney Jean,’ but I don’t think it’s as bad as some of you make it out to be.

Yes, Myah’s contributions are noticeable, but that’s not something we should blame Britney for. The album was rushed, and she likely didn’t have the chance to finish it due to her personal issues.

At that time, I didn’t hate it at all! I remember people loving it until they realized the album was merely a tool to promote her Vegas show.. But despite all of these things, the album is really not bad. Songs like ‘Don’t Cry,’ ‘Work *****,’ ‘Til It’s Gone,’ ‘Brightest Morning Star,’ ‘Hold On Tite’ and ‘Perfume’ were really good. 

‘Passenger’ and ‘It Should Be Easy’ too! spacer.png

I'd say she refused some songs or some songs are mocking her (WB) or describing her situation (Til It's Gone) so they didn't let her do these songs and let her record just some verses with "we will finish it somehow".

• Love 1
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

I'd say she refused some songs or some songs are mocking her (WB) or describing her situation (Til It's Gone) so they didn't let her do these songs and let her record just some verses with "we will finish it somehow".

I’m working on videos for the album tracks. It’s really interesting how they cut Britney like mid word sometimes and replace her with Myah. I’ve never heard anything like it 😫

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it significantly more after the Dolby atmos version came out. It showed how poorly the original masters were mixed. It added a new clarity to the music. With that said, it also made the switches between Myah/britney even more glaringly obvious. It’s not a spectacular album by any means, but it’s alright. It’s just quite generic and not Britney’s best work  

• Like 1

This album was messy, she had recorded lots of songs, so I don't blame it on being 'rushed'.

The album was supposed to be more hip hop influenced with Wiz Khalifa and other songs she did.

Britney Jean will always be known as Myah Jean, the Glitches in Alien, and the over produced auto tuned 'vocals'.

• Love 1

The problem is not Britney Jean, but the Britney jean album being made for Britney Spears. Will. I.flop did not for one second consider Britney Spears as the legendery artist she is with her signiture style ( 'style' wink wink :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:)  and artistry. This album would have worked fine or even great for artists who lack character but have great  tones for pop records, bebe rexa, rita ora,  eva semens, katy perry, mabel, ava max or most artists who produce with djs. This is NOT A BRITNEY SPEARS album and it does not suit her at all. Therefore because of her having to mold into this characterless work with zero personality,  we got her worst body of work EVER.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Markoct said:

Angry The Cw GIF

It’s not something I’d play regularly, but I revisited it today, and half of it isn’t that bad, to be honest. The vocals are a mess, but I’m not blaming Britney for it at all! 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

I don't think its that bad either.

I just think fans hate it cause Myah is singing most of the songs and Britney didn't sing most of the songs.

If she sang all the songs, I think this album wouldn't be hated on as much.

I mean sure it isn't an ITZ or Blackout but it had potential.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I don't think its that bad either.

I just think fans hate it cause Myah is singing most of the songs and Britney didn't sing most of the songs.

If she sang all the songs, I think this album wouldn't be hated on as much.

I mean sure it isn't an ITZ or Blackout but it had potential.

Thank you for getting my point. It was poorly done and produced, but the hate is forced… the album has cute moments here and there. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.