Britney Spears & will.i.am - "Listen Close" snippet

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

You have to be a hater to support their collabs at this point.

Sadly Will was the worst thing that happened with her music career (and Myah)

Agree.

Her music was flawless before he and Myah got involved in it.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

It doesn’t really sound like her though. It kind of sounds like Kylie with the higher pitch idk because it’s not high quality I can’t really tell.

But it sounds A LOT better than the other song they put out together.

It sounds better than MYB, and it's about on par with ISBE or BFB. But better than S&S? :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Listening to it with earbuds, it does sound like her a little bit, but with a little bit of autotune which is normal with a will.i.am song. It also sounds more like it’s Britney’s song and not will.i.am’s meaning Britney is the main singer and he’s the feature.

Either way it sounds like a summery bop and I hope they release it soon!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

Listening to it with earbuds, it does sound like her a little bit, but with a little bit of autotune which is normal with a will.i.am song. It also sounds more like it’s Britney’s song and not will.i.am’s meaning Britney is the main singer and he’s the feature.

Either way it sounds like a summery bop and I hope they release it soon!

Also should add, the lyrics kind of sound like they pertain to her current life with breaking the chain, no more tears, and listen close, I’m crystal clear. I wonder if this is a recent song because with those lyrics, it doesn’t sound like a song that Team Con would’ve let her sing especially with what they did with the Make Me video and the Glory album cover.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Never thought I would say this one day but... I like the song! A Will.I.Am song... :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

Their voices sound really good together! Do we have a context/stories of this snippet? I will be glad to have it in full! I miss Britney so much ugh!

Edited by Johanpapz
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

S&S and S&S (Black Man Remix) are both horrible

Yeah, they just lack depth and now they sound very dated like a lot of will’s productions. From the sound of this snippet, I feel like it’s got more depth in the chorus and it doesn’t sound as dated.

If this is real, I feel like Britney had more say so over the lyrical and sound content since before she really didn’t. It kind of doesn’t sound like a typical will.i.am production so something’s different and I think it has to do with Britney probably having more input and that there are probably other producers involved that it doesn’t really have much of will’s mark except in his vocals.

It feels like when Britney’s in control, it never feels like the music is bad in quality. When Team Con took control and stripped her of her artistic freedom, the quality went down, especially BJ. Even if Britney had recorded everything on BJ, it still wouldn’t sound like a quality body of work and I know it’s because of Team Con. That’s why when they gave her a little more control with Glory, the quality was better.

When it’s come to her image, Britney doesn’t seem to care if anything cheapens it, but when it’s come to her craft and artistry, she’s always put out top notch stuff mostly because the passion is there. If she isn’t passionate, it’s not good.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
Grammar

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.