Britney interviews Tate Mcrae on the new edition of V Magazine

25 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Not a Dull Flopa fan making fun of Tate. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Neither releases great music, but Tate is easily the best pop performer since Britney.

Not you trying to downplay Dua’s achievements and compare her to one hit wonder McRib. :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: Best pop performer since Britney? That’s all she has going for her? Embarrassing 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, itswwasheem***** said:

Funny that Tate doesn't promote something this big on her Ig

I mean the news has just came out? Plus she probably got emailed the questions from ‘Britney’, so that’s not as exciting as direct contact. I would love for this to have been a call.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Revenge. said:

BRITNEY SPEARS: You’re an incredible performer. I’ve seen some of your performances and each one continues to top the next. Where do you find inspiration?

TATE MCRAE: Wow! Thank you so much. That means so much coming from you. I find that a lot of the inspiration comes from the musical arrangement. One of my favorite parts of the process is playing around and finding new variations of each song—I feel like that always inspires new choreography and a different feeling. However, looking back at iconic performances (like yours) is also very motivating.

BS: Your song, “you broke me first,” is one of my favorite songs. What is the story behind the song and what inspired you to write and record it?

TM: That means the world to me. I actually wrote “you broke me first” when I was 16 and had never experienced real heartbreak before— only on a small scale. It stemmed from a couple of different places, like taking inspiration from friendships or situation-ships, and they all left me with the same feeling—dealing with someone wanting your relationship back, after giving them your all and them not recognizing it. It’s a sad but empowering feeling afterward.

BS: How did you fall in love with music and dance?

TM: I’ve always been surrounded by music and dancing. My mom owned a dance studio when I was super young so I was constantly in the presence of older dancers who I admired. Becoming a performer was all I ever wanted to do, for as long as I can remember.

BS: What is the hardest part about being an artist of your stature at this point?

TM: I would say the pressure I put on myself. I have been a perfectionist my entire life, so sometimes the hyper-critical thoughts can fully consume you. I try to trust my gut as much as possible and not take in that many outside opinions.

Okay no way Britney asked these questions. Sounds NOTHING like her and these questions are clearly drafted by someone who hasn’t experienced fame or success for that matter.

• Like 8

You all will tear Britney a part no matter what she does. You can easily tell Britney enjoys dance and music from just looking at her Instagram. So it’s not shocking she would be a fan of Tate because her performances are fire. She prolly had help submitting questions but who the hell cares? 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Revenge. said:

It’s on the website, a preview of the interview.

From the look of it it looks very meh! Those questions are not interesting. Hope the rest is better than that!

…If it’s really her who asked them (Cade we see you!!)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

You all will tear Britney a part no matter what she does. You can easily tell Britney enjoys dance and music from just looking at her Instagram. So it’s not shocking she would be a fan of Tate because her performances are fire. She prolly had help submitting questions but who the hell cares? 

I don't think people are tearing Britney apart for this "interview", I think people don't believe these are questions asked by Britney. These sound super generic and read like questions you can ask everyone in the industry.... These were most likely asked by Cade. With everything Britney has gone through and experienced, her questions would have more depth to them.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Not you trying to downplay Dua’s achievements and compare her to one hit wonder McRib. :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: Best pop performer since Britney? That’s all she has going for her? Embarrassing 

Dull is a horrible performer and she’s very masculine and unpleasant. Tate is se.xier, a much better performer and a much better fit in the pop world. She does need better music, I’ll give you that, although her music is still better than Dull’s.

48 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I just checked her Spotify and her listeners are not from the US so that's why I've never heard of her. Good luck to her I guess :elton:

Obviously you have heard of her as your talking about her now :) 

im one of the “listeners” from the states 

1 minute ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Dull is a horrible performer and she’s very masculine and unpleasant. Tate is se.xier, a much better performer and a much better fit in the pop world. She does need better music, I’ll give you that, although her music is still better than Dull’s.

You sound like you're fifteen years old. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I don't think people are tearing Britney apart for this "interview", I think people don't believe these are questions asked by Britney. These sound super generic and read like questions you can ask everyone in the industry.... These were most likely asked by Cade. With everything Britney has gone through and experienced, her questions would have more depth to them.

exactly. or that if she did write those questions, it’s most likely they didn’t even met… so kinda pointless 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Okay no way Britney asked these questions. Sounds NOTHING like her and these questions are clearly drafted by someone who hasn’t experienced fame or success for that matter.

I hope Britney comes out and says this if it even lands on her Radar 

8 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I can’t even take you seriously calling one of the most beautiful women alive “very masculine and unpleasant.” What an absolute vile POS you are. You can talk about her songs and performances but don’t come for her looks you absolute clown 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.