can paula abdul beat britney in a dance competition?

i just think her performance at the BBMAs was superior to britney's... no hate I love britney's 2016 performance and I get she had reasons to be nervous, but Paula was twice Britney's age here at the time and she literally ate almost every performer out. 
I think her entrance is reminicsent of britney's entrance at the Iheart Music Festival, but again, hers was better mainly because of the choreo which seems easy when she does it 

should britney collab with her? I think she has bops and she's a great choreographer. comment! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Yes because in a competition you have to perform for an audience. Ms Abdul is still doing that to this very day. And exceptionally well I might add! She’s fit! Groovy and can remember her steps. Her lines. Cues etc etc. Off topic but Paula was actually a good host. Lasted many seasons hehe

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Yes I think Paula would. Britney had input in her choreography but besides Piece of Me dance break (which wasn’t iconic for the moves but for the hair up hair down moment) she didn’t really choreograph a full music video or performance. Paula was a professional choreographer before doing her own music and it was to the great Janet Jackson. I think her creating iconic moments for an artist as big as Janet proves she would best Britney in a dance off. 

Now if they are both presented with choreo to learn and then execute it, I would like to think Britney would slay because she always ate her dancers up when she was in the zone. But honestly for the last few years none of us know Britney’s capacity to execute choreo, it’s all just body movement to her, and if she almost broke her foot doing a flip, I don’t know if her body can handle the back bends and handsprings she did. Paula has continued to show on TikTok that she can execute choreo and do so with energy and expertise. 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yes I think Paula would. Britney had input in her choreography but besides Piece of Me dance break (which wasn’t iconic for the moves but for the hair up hair down moment) she didn’t really choreograph a full music video or performance. Paula was a professional choreographer before doing her own music and it was to the great Janet Jackson. I think her creating iconic moments for an artist as big as Janet proves she would best Britney in a dance off. 

Now if they are both presented with choreo to learn and then execute it, I would like to think Britney would slay because she always ate her dancers up when she was in the zone. But honestly for the last few years none of us know Britney’s capacity to execute choreo, it’s all just body movement to her, and if she almost broke her foot doing a flip, I don’t know if her body can handle the back bends and handsprings she did. Paula has continued to show on TikTok that she can execute choreo and do so with energy and expertise. 

I didn't know any of this! I'm embarrased to admit, but I discovered her trough this BBMAs performances, I didn't know much about her career, and whan I saw this performance and heard her bops I thought this woman deserves a lot more acclaim than she receives! good to see she's still respected in the industry 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Also I’ve invested more time into Paula’s music career recently and the choreo in this video is so Britney in her 30s. 

wait that's true it looks exactly like a POM performance but with better execution, somebody call Paula's team and get them in contact with britney 

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Richie said:

wait that's true it looks exactly like a POM performance but with better execution, somebody call Paula's team and get them in contact with britney 

Right!? When I saw this video I was like this is so Britney coded but then I had to remember this was before Britney even came out. So I know people say Britney is the child of Madonna and Janet but this video is full through Britney. Maybe teens/20s was M and Janet, but Britney in her 30’s had so much Paula in there. 

I was too young when Paula first came out but I recall when she had a comeback single when she would judge American Idol and I was OBSESSED with the song. 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Nice performance.

Better than Britney's ? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

Britney stripped at the first 20 sec, did a dance break for womanizer while looking gorg, f the guitar, made Ashton Cutcher wonder how she is in bed, gave eyes for slave and did the break as u expect Britney Spears to do it, did a backflip for TOM and made a whole audience vibe to an uknown song and then comes Toxic where she slayed the floor! And all that because she felt her fire rising at that time.

Britney can outperform everyone. Even from her insta u can see that she can EAT.

• Haha 1

Fantastic dancer and performer but how the hell are you a judge on a singing contest when you lip synced our wigs off? lol But as a performer SLAY better dancer than Britney.....if Brit had the same Chorographer I believe it would be close.  Her past Choros did her dirty

EPaula can outperform Britney at any time. She always has. Paula sang live at the beginning of her career and released tapes of her live performances. Paula's shows nowadays are clever, intelligent, interesting, and full of energy. She re-records vocals and makes them more intriguing, unlike Britney's, even though she's twice her age. Yes, Paula can outdo Britney in dance today and probably has since post-2004 Britney

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Yasux34 said:

Fantastic dancer and performer but how the hell are you a judge on a singing contest when you lip synced our wigs off? lol But as a performer SLAY better dancer than Britney.....if Brit had the same Chorographer I believe it would be close.  Her past Choros did her dirty

Paula IS the choreographer! 😭 

10 hours ago, The Dream said:

Nice performance.

Better than Britney's:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

Britney stripped at the first 20 sec, did a dance break for womanizer while looking gorg, f the guitar, made Ashton Cutcher wonder how she is in bed, gave eyes for slave and did the break as u expect Britney Spears to do it, did a backflip for TOM and made a whole audience vibe to an uknown song and then comes Toxic where she slayed the floor! And all that because she felt her fire rising at that time.

Britney can outperform everyone. Even from her insta u can see that she can EAT.

well but with that argument Paula did a lot of tricks that are hard to do as well and (imo) she looked more in sync with the choreo than britney did during her perf. I don't wanna hate on the perf because knowing everything is just unfair to critique her performance just based on how nervous she must have been, but if we let all that aside for a while and just focus on the performance, I feel like britney wasn't in rythm with the music as much as paula, idk it's not even about how hard a choreo is or how many props or dance breaks there is, I wish britney would do a shorter performance, just 4 songs maybe 1 minute each and hit all the moves in the right moment, it feels as if she's more posing with the music than actually flowing with it 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block