So I just finished listening to Taylor's new album and I only liked these songs

let me tell you this.. I started to listen to her recent albums 3 months ago, and loved Midnights, and some tracks from evermore and folklore. With this, upon first listen on Friday I only liked 2, 3 songs and was exhausted by all the lyrics.

However I started to listen to 2 tracks each day, reading about each track what is the meaning behind it, reading the lyrics and all of a sudden all those tracks started to stand out more..

Yeah, I was expecting a POP album full of BOPs, so initially was disappointed. But now, I really dig her craft, and storytelling of those songs. And I listen to them constantly.

Somebody said that she didn't make this album for gays but for her day-one fans and that is true. They will definitely appreciate it. And I am starting to as well!

Can't wait to see her live in August! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by Prince Ali
  • Love 3

Despite my earlier comments the album is growing on me. It just felt like a lot to get through 31 songs in one go. I still think The Anthology should have been a separate release.

From TTPD: Fortnight, the title track, My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys, But Daddy I Love Him, Florida, LOML, I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

From The Anthology: imgonnagetyouback, The Albatross, Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus, So High School, thanK you aIMee, Peter, The Manuscript

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Isla said:

Despite my earlier comments the album is growing on me. It just felt like a lot to get through 31 songs in one go. I still think The Anthology should have been a separate release.

From TPPD: Fortnight, the title track, My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys, But Daddy I Love Him, Florida, LOML, I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

From The Anthology: imgonnagetyouback, The Albatross, Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus, So High School, thanK you aIMee, Peter, The Manuscript

Taylor undecided when choosing the title of the track:

Chloe...

No- Sam

No- Sophia

Actually, i'm gonna put it Marcus

Hm no-

Actually, f- it, chloe or sam or sophia or marcus it will be then :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch::yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know::firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning::goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush::oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Haha 2

"Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?" is quite beautiful lyrically and it was great vocal performance from her. I would die to see Britney covering this song. 

I overall enjoyed TTPT. I think Florida!!! and Fortnite are my favorite so far. It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I'm starting to apreciate it. 

That said, I'm not sure about The Anthology... I'm gonna need more time with it before having an opinion.

Overall it's quite remarkable a artist her size releasing a 31 tracks body of work after all the success she already achieved. I think that's the difference Taylor has from many other artists. She seems to really enjoy the process of making art. That might be why she has so many fans. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

"Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?" is quite beautiful lyrically and it was great vocal performance from her. I would die to see Britney covering this song. 

I overall enjoyed TTPT. I think Florida!!! and Fortnite are my favorite so far. It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I'm starting to apreciate it. 

That said, I'm not sure about The Anthology... I'm gonna need more time with it before having an opinion.

Overall it's quite remarkable a artist her size releasing a 31 tracks body of work after all the success she already achieved. I think that's the difference Taylor has from many other artists. She seems to really enjoy the process of making art. That might be why she has so many fans. 

Alan light who worked with prince in the 90s,  says Prince would praise Taylor swift,  cos she's doing what he fought for in the 90s, and he was vilified and called crazy. 

But here's an artist who put out 8 albums,  4 studio albums and 4 re recordings in 4 years. 

This is what Prince wanted and was fighting for. He's a musician,  he should be able to put it out in the market if he wants to. Not do what a label tells him to, cos their afraid of oversaturating the market,  we have the fan's,  you want the general public huge difference between one here for the album,  the other here for the song they heard on radio and mtv..

• Like 1

On my initial listen, I put stars next to My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys, Down Bad, So Long London, But Daddy I Love Him, Florida, Guilty As Sin, Whose Afraid Of Little Old Me, loml, and The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived.

From the Anthology, I really liked The Black Dog, The Albatross, How Did It End?, The Prophecy, and I actually really like Robin that's a beautiful song.

I will say, this is a polarizing album and I get it. If you want bops at the clubs, this album isn't for you. This is for the Swifties who have followed her story.

Edited by Anti-Hero
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2024 at 1:21 PM, Isla said:

From TTPD: Fortnight, the title track, My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys, But Daddy I Love Him, Florida, LOML, I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

So basically everything?

On 4/22/2024 at 1:40 AM, Zach F said:

None 

Hide contents

:beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

In other words-

aretha-franklin.gif

Spoiler

I haven't heard this album (maybe 1 minute of the first song, and I laughed at how hard Lana it was) and I don't plan to change anything about it :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block