Did Britney really need a music video like this?

The video is visually striking, i think it's very simple that's why it's iconic for me, with its provocative and stylish aesthetic, very mode, Kylie's fashion choices, from her iconic red dress in front of the truck, her between the cars with dobermans, contribute to the overall allure of the video.  The video exudes a sense of empowerment and confidence, both in Kylie's performance and in the way it portrays femininity. It celebrates female strength and ***uality in a way that feels authentic and empowering. I've seen that Billboard critic Keith Claufield singled out the song as a highlight from the album and called it "a cousin of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' and i think it's true i kinda sound like this, for me it sound like "my prerogative" too. Is Red blooded woman a kind of maria river red? i don't know, Am i reaching? sorry i'm drunk tonight  :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Agyness said:

The video is visually striking, i think it's very simple that's why it's iconic for me, with its provocative and stylish aesthetic, very mode, Kylie's fashion choices, from her iconic red dress in front of the truck, her between the cars with dobermans, contribute to the overall allure of the video.  The video exudes a sense of empowerment and confidence, both in Kylie's performance and in the way it portrays femininity. It celebrates female strength and ***uality in a way that feels authentic and empowering. I've seen that Billboard critic Keith Claufield singled out the song as a highlight from the album and called it "a cousin of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' and i think it's true i kinda sound like this, for me it sound like "my prerogative" too. Is Red blooded woman a kind of maria river red? i don't know, Am i reaching? sorry i'm drunk tonight  :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

“Tonight”? Where are you? It’s still morning here where I am.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Kylie is so pretty.

Britney’s videography is pretty perfect IMO. She’s done it all. Best pop performer and best pop videos. 

My only and biggest complaint with Britney's videography is wishing she did more of that Y2K futuristic theme.

Imagine if they just took this Jill Greenburg shoot and filmed a video for it. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

7310808c4a4f87dca7eb4adbde225d1f.jpg

952b52d5a053e419a99825f67ad4f0d0.png

britjill2000.jpg

Always loved this photoshoot as well. Could have been the video for "Don't Go Knockin'" or something along the lines. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

GIfC35bW4AAc_SP.jpg:large

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 4
Just now, Mayenaise said:

I've never heard this wtf

Its very Britney, whats the background of the track sounds like a girlband track :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

You've never heard "Red Blooded Woman" before? :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

It's pop perfection, and yes... very Britney core. I wish it was hers. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

My only and biggest complaint with Britney's videography is wishing she did more of that Y2K futuristic theme.

Imagine if they just took this Jill Greenburg shoot and filmed a video for it. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

7310808c4a4f87dca7eb4adbde225d1f.jpg

952b52d5a053e419a99825f67ad4f0d0.png

britjill2000.jpg

Always loved this photoshoot as well. Could have been the video for "Don't Go Knockin'" or something along the lines. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

GIfC35bW4AAc_SP.jpg:large

The first few pics actually remind me of BTMYH. She’s really done it all, I think. Maybe the only thing she didn’t do is a more “gothic” video like Fighter, but that’s fine. Toxic, Slave, Everytime and Oops more than make up for it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kolospouttos said:

Isn't this beat/production so Britney - Mona Lisa??? Very sounding of that time, very Timbaland inspired. Darker urban/pop.

"Red Blooded Woman" very much gives off In The Zone vibes. A lot of the material on that album does.

"Slow" reminds me a bit of "Toxic" too - around the 2:47 mark with the synths:

• Love 1
  • Like 4
17 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

You've never heard "Red Blooded Woman" before? :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

It's pop perfection, and yes... very Britney core. I wish it was hers. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I think I have but so long ago... And I had never saw the video.

Ive never been into Kylie but this is so good :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, amanda everybody said:

One of the best Kylie videos, more than the video I would've liked Britney to do an album with this sound tbh

Body Language is very much a hybrid of In The Zone/Chaotic EP/Original Doll tho!

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block