• Super Mods
8 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Yup, yup. You get it. Even FF had more single-worthy material. 

Exactly.

Although FF is more dated than Circus in my opinion but I honestly prefer the FF album than Circus.

Circus has some good songs but its too safe especially compared to Blackout that came out a year prior.

But it makes sense considering they wanted her to win over the GP and be successful again.

I think it served its purpose for a big comeback.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Exactly.

Although FF is more dated than Circus in my opinion but I honestly prefer the FF album than Circus.

Circus has some good songs but its too safe especially compared to Blackout that came out a year prior.

But it makes sense considering they wanted her to win over the GP and be successful again.

I think it served its purpose for a big comeback.

Yeah, you can tell Circus was really rushed. FF sounded more polished even though a lot of it has aged like milk. Then again, most mainstream pop music in the early 2010s has aged AWFULLY! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

"Radar" is one of Britney's biggest career letdowns. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Despite its potential, it went unnoticed by the public and disliked by most fans. If "Radar" had a killer music video like "Womanizer" or "Toxic" with epic choreography, cinematography, badass dancers, and cool outfit changes it could've been so legendary and iconic. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Such a waste of a killer song that could've been a massive hit. This song totally flew under the radar because of its subpar music video and zero promotion.. Such a shame. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

If she had a choreo like this in the MV it would have been so much better:

Radar still feels so interesting and ahead of its time with its flawlessly polished, glossy and synthetic production, it's like ultra dreamy plastic mechanical pop perfection.  

#JusticeForRadar

Ni0yNTMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

One of my all time favorites and Felicia Culotta's favorite song too!

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
39 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Yeah, you can tell Circus was really rushed. FF sounded more polished even though a lot of it has aged like milk. Then again, most mainstream pop music in the early 2010s has aged AWFULLY! 

True even though I love music from the early 2010s cause its so nostalgic for me.

The best thing about the Circus era was how big her comeback was and it seemed like she was back to being Primeney.

Its easily the biggest comeback I have ever seen in music, I still remember how huge that era was for her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Most digital music made on a computer tends to sound like a product of its time because electronic music relies heavily on technology, and because technology evolves quickly, older 2000s electro-pop can sound dated... "Radar" was made entirely using software synthesizers, with no real instruments involved. :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

And i think there's nothing wrong when something is a product of its time.  Not everything has to be atemporal .. why is Is 'dated' inherently a bad thing? I have never thought it was a valid criticism. Things sound like they're from the past because they are. You can't expect something from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 00s etc., to feel like it was made in 2024. It's unreasonable even to expect it to :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

For me, "dated" is only bad if it's chasing dead trends in a very lazy, unimaginative way, Radar is indeed a weird, divisive, polarizing song but you can't deny that it's still a creative song. :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

Omg, bruh. Stop. Radar is just a basic dance track that was a product of its time. In no way was it timeless and/or innovative. The final version was a sonic disaster but at least the demos showed that it had some potential. 

In regards to the early 2010s, the music of that era has aged horribly especially when you compare it to the early 2000s, 90s, 70s.

Songs like No Scrubs, Billie Jean, Toxic, California Love, Lady (Hear Me Tonight), Dancing In The Moonlight, Don’t Speak (as examples) — now those are timeless. Why do you think artists nowadays are so obsessed with mimicking that Y2K (90s-00s) sound? Because it’s aged like the finest of wines. 

The majority of pop music in the early 2010s was simply chasing trends and a lot of it has aged poorly or isn’t being used as much today. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Lol that's so not true, give it another 5 years so and the late 2000s will be a nostalgic time too. I think you're just a hater. This is loser behavior. There are some people who are already trying to replicate the late 2000s electro-pop sound. Zoomers are very nostalgic for this type of productions.  Artists like Ayesha Erotica and Slayyyter are straight up inspired by Gaga-RedOne productions.. 

Some Basshunter / Cascada vibe in the other songs too

A hater of what? Commercialized pop music that was being churned out like McDonald’s happy meals, specifically in the early 2010s? 

Sonically, the early 2000s were far superior than the late 2000s in every aspect - both visually and musically when it came to quality and substance. Hyperpop has already made waves in the underground scene but it’s already associated with the Y2K era. 

Just look at all the pop and R&B artists who have been trying to mimic that Sade, Destiny’s Child/TLC, Britney, Avril/Paramore, No Doubt sound — to name a few — in today’s landscape. Pinkpanthress’, being one of the biggest breakout stars of 2023, entire sound and aesthetic draws inspiration from 90s/2000s UK garage. capoxxo and 100gecs are drawing inspiration from the pop-punk wave in the early 2000s (Sum 41, blink-182, etc.)

Edited by BadBunny

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block