Eh. Yes and no. When Radar was first released, it was an instant favorite but the song has aged poorly, in retrospect.

It’s very of its time and sounds very subpar. Not a fan of the vocals and the splicing as it really downgrades the quality of the song. Too robotic — and not in a good way. Had she properly recorded background vocals with some ad-libs, I think it would have sounded more decent.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, troubleforyou said:

Stop, you’re making me blush, people are looking at us :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Haha I always liked that line! :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

I feel like Radar as a song had lots of potential but the final mastering was awful. What were they thinking?! I wish Britney wasn’t so lazy and actually took the time to record her own background vocals and ad-libs. The song sounds very…cheap and you can tell it was rushed, almost like a 2000s Rihanna leftover. 

3 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

It’s awful and way too damn pitchy. Even the demo is more listenable than the finalized version. 

The vocal production is awful. It’s too bad cause it’s so desperately trying to be a big Britney song with a big pop chorus, like a modern version of OIDIAney… but it just fails miserably. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: 
It’s beyond me how this production came from the same people that gave us Showdown and Toxic. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Glory is terrible and sounds like random selena gomez demos 

All overrated and forgettable 

Yes but that’s not to say that Man On The Moon and Slumber Party aren’t masterpieces. 

Matter of fact, Slumber Party is a brilliant pop song and actually sounds cohesive…

There are countless of other songs on Glory that sound a lot better than CheapDAR too.

8 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

The vocal production is awful. It’s too bad cause it’s so desperately trying to be a big Britney song with a big pop chorus, like a modern version of OIDIAney… but it just fails miserably. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: 
It’s beyond me how this production came from the same people that gave us Showdown and Toxic. 

No it’s insane. You absolutely spilled here. I’m pretty sure they even took a poll on ATRL asking what the worst Bloodshy & Avant produced Britney track was and most chose Radar (even though I think Trouble is worse).

To go from pop masterpieces like Showdown, Toxic, My Prerogative, Piece of Me…to the abomination that was Radar was very…um…questionable. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:
The mixing seriously makes my ears bleed and it’s a shame bc the track had potential but you can tell that it was rushed on Britney’s end. They probably didn’t have a lot of vocals to work with in the first place.    

Edited by BadBunny
  • Like 2
Just now, britneyleaks2006 said:

The vocal production is just Bloodshy & Avant's signature sound, It isn't unique to this particular song. They do it on Piece of Me, How I Roll, Kylie's Speakerphone, Sky Ferreira's "one" in addition to countless others.   They're all about those mechanical robot vocoder effects that you find all over their productions. 

Don’t EVER compare Piece of Me to the mess that is Radar. Again, there is nothing wrong with a vocoder if used properly. The unfortunate truth is that Radar is pitchy and Britney is singing off-key.  The song simply lacks substance. They should have used her lower register and/or had her re-record the chorus. Again, the layering and splicing IS the issue, not Bloodshy & Avant as they are brilliant producers and created magic with Britney. They were probably just doing their best to work with the limited sources and time available. After all, Britney couldn’t even bothered to record PROPER background vocals for this track (when she really should have) and it clearly shows in its final form. Again — not necessarily a bad song, just awful mastering and unfortunately - a lot of Britney songs, post-2007, were awfully finalized.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block