interesting, and this doesn't include pre-2004 which was MAJOR for Britney

the only one that came close (excluding the 2006/7 tabloid drama) was Justin Bieber with logevity and interest over 10 year long span.

rest of the 'artists' not even close lol

( Taylor Swift I won't comment as this is bizarre and I will never understand )

• Love 1
22 hours ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Bieber was kinda the male Britney lol 

100% 

Just that the Britney peak (1999/2000/2001) was bigger than Justin's.

But Justin definitely entered the 'icon' pedestal with Britney, them as the last ones in the last 2 decades.

Taylor, I guess, is the next one (?)(?) I am just very confused about this 'phenomenon' and cannot really comment further. sales/streams are there, higher than britney's or justin's but I see no personality, no stage presence, no media coverage. not sure what it is. maybe a new type of 'fame'?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Bieber and Britney share many similarities, I believe.

Both debuted at a very young age and were extremely popular and iconic as teen idols. Both had a lot of merchandise available, there was a "Bieber mania" just like there was a "Britney mania". Later on, Bieber kinda had a public breakdown , he was a Tabloid Target and faced a lot of negative attention from the media ,but he made a huge comeback in 2015.Like Britney did with womanizer. I remember how the paparazzi and tabloids were obsessed with him, waiting for his downfall. He received a lot of hate at that time.

yes 100% aligned with you. very similar, I feel tho the 'peak' for Britney was bigger than Justin's. The Britney mania was worldwide and gasped also adults while Bieber mania was mainly kids. But the only artist that came any close to Britney mania was Bieber, no one else. main difference though is that Bieber was given a chance to calm down on his own, sort his things out. Britney was never given this chance. However, the pressure Britney had in 2007 was such a magnitude Bieber never had that. 

Also Bieber was given a chance to take control of his artistry and music I feel since the 'mania' ended and he grew up. which only resembles the In the Zone/Blackout era of Britney while Bieber continues to do his style of music nowadays and even takes appropriate breaks. Again, Britney hasn't been given that chance....

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block