Fans need to stop being so anxious when it comes to Britney and what she’s doing

So beautifully said. 🩷

We all struggle with certain things. But I believe we are worth the good fight. Let’s give her grace, time and space to heal and process. Also, allow that for yourself. We are all loving and passionate. We get carried away with our feelings. We are human. Let’s support her journey. Let’s support each other’s too. Find the beauty in others and embrace yours. Yes, it’s scary seeing loved ones go through hardships. Please don’t let it consume you. It’s scary going through it yourself. It’s natural to feel shame or guilt but that doesn’t define you. Asking for help is difficult. I noticed alot of us are extremely independent. Which is great but independent people still need support. Let others help you like you would want to help them. That will create balance and harmony. That is hard and heavy work sometimes. It takes dedication and patience.
I would like to apologize for my part. I got scared. Especially with everything happening in the news. I got carried away out of fear for all these artists I have cared for and supported since they and I were children. And I was blind. How could I not see? Some I idolized even though I shouldn’t put people on pedestals. I started questioning everything. My fear and all the ‘what if’s’ was leading me down a rabbit hole of paranoia. If something harmful could happen to my favorite artist… well you get it. I had to put on the breaks man. In my personal life too. I regret letting my fear rattle me. I noticed my humor was becoming snarky and cruel. That’s not who I am. I don’t want to be that. I am not a sleuth. I don’t want to cause anyone more trauma than they’re already caring. I am sorry if my carelessness offended anyone. I will continue showing these artists love and support. And anyone in our little community who feels down, I will try to make you smile. 😊 Like they said you are not alone.  There is usually someone on here around the clock. You don’t have to share your personal struggles but know I love you 😘 and Im here. You’re Beautiful 😻 SHINE  

Sweet Dreams 🤘🌹💐🌹🤘

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Yes yes and yes!! This is such a well-written, logical post I've seen in a while. I agree with every single word you've written and I too do not understand how a few IG posts define a person and makes some people SO entitled to diagnose and judge her. And even with this calm and logical questioning, it's frustrating to see that there are still comments that rationalize their selfishness.

I have so much to say, but as someone who has kept explaining IG is NOT all we see, sadly it's quite pointless regarding how narrowminded and selfish these people are.

But thank you for this post, it's like a breath of fresh air from all the extremely vocal online doctors.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, knee Queen of pop said:

Watch what unfold though? As someone else has previously said here, her 1 minute videos don’t define a 24 hour day. Britney doesn’t spend her day spinning in her living room or goes out wearing nothing but a peasant top and some bikini bottoms. The sooner people realize that, the better. Britney is just like any of us when she logs off of social media - a normal person that does day to day tasks and has some struggles just like anybody else. Sure, her struggles might be greater than some other people’s - we don’t know - but that doesn’t dehumanize her or make her less sane. People with mental health struggles live normal lives as they learn to cope with it.

I feel that there is legitimate cause for concern, given that what she left the conservatorship with has to sustain her for the rest of her life, and there is currently no management of her 'brand'. If anyone else was posting all this as PR, they would be fired in an instant. Especially as this is the only real interface she has with the public anymore, so this is how they gain their impressions - this is something that Britney of all people should be mindful of. Even most 'retired' artists make a better effort to engage with their fanbase and public via social media.

We now have Britney saying she doesn't understand English anymore, because she changed her name. She thinks that people are making fun of her ring lights when that is the least thing anyone thinks is wrong. The current choreography - twirl, squeeze ***** together, poke tongue out at camera, smack butt, etc. I guess I do silly things in private sometimes but I'm not filming it for 'content' and this is a woman who was once capable of some of the most challenging choreography. I need to watch years old videos to remind myself of that now. I've really only seen this sort of thing in people with seriously disordered thinking.

(Mh survivor myself, family members with disorders. I wish my sister could have made it through as well but she didn't and there was no getting through to her. That's another story however I will leave for now.)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BlackoutBaby said:

We now have Britney saying she doesn't understand English anymore, because she changed her name. She thinks that people are making fun of her ring lights when that is the least thing anyone thinks is wrong. 

I think she is responding to things her family and old 'friends' say to her. We assume there is no contact at all, but maybe there is unpleasant contact. 

Whenever Britney writes things her fans don't understand, there is something going on of which we have no knowledge. For example, that doll house. Who would have thought that one of the opponent lawyers mentioned it in her paperwork.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KrisJ said:

It’s more embarrassment for her than anxiousness. A middle aged woman posing and stretching her legs to show her pu$$ to random strangers. Not sure what type of “rebellion” that is..

I am sure if a guy do that kind of stuff   you would praising him  to the hell and back :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:you are disgusting judgmental trash reported:ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:

Edited by Britney is my god

Well..the Free Britney movement might be a reason why people think they know her.

And they/we were not wrong. There was always that feeling something was off and that will probably stick for a while.

I think most know they dont know her like a friend, a family member or anyone close. At least I hope so.

I think most know the dynamic of wanting to be her friend or in her circle would be weird, strange, creepy and not based on equality when it comes to power, influence, money, fame etc. An interesting conversation to have in a thread of its own.

When it comes to being worried. What she has, and still is going through, can be too much for anyone. So its pretty valid to root for her just on a human level. 

15 hours ago, knee Queen of pop said:

To sum it all up my last message is: If you weren’t worried for Britney while she was severely struggling during the cship with depression and anxiety ALL while not being free just cause she still did music, had a few stylists and kept your butts entertained, then don’t be worried or her now that she’s free, has less struggles than she used to while other people controlled her and can actually take control of her narrative and what she does with her struggles. 🌹

Yes this is the part that is not cool

you want Britney to not have full control of her instagram

you want stylists / held back instagram for Britney like in the conservatorship time

15 hours ago, Armchairrevolution said:

Britney is a survivor of human trafficking. Call it a conservatorship if you want but it is what it is. 

Very very few people will ever comprehend what enduring that does to a human or the emotional and mental trauma that comes with it. 

It's not something you just get over. It stays with you. 

The betrayal, the anger, the disgust, the shame, the isolation, the ptsd. 

She's shown very little empathy or understanding by the public or even her fans who expect her to just snap out of it and be who she was prior to the abuse.

It's actually disgusting seeing so much judgement thrown on this woman who is learning how to cope with what has been done to her. 

The very people who criticized the treatment she got from the media in the 2000s are now doing the same thing today but worse. 

You wouldn't crap on a double leg amputee for taking their time learning to live without legs so why is it ok to criticize a human trafficking victim for learning to live with the abuse and trauma they have endured. 

Peoples attitudes towards mental health are as disgusting as ever. 

Everyone pretends to deeply care about mental health as long as the person with mental health issues are smiling happy shiny people but if the second they struggle society is ready to burn them at the stake. 

I’m certain Britney is involved with the p diddy  scandal 

14 hours ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

So beautifully said. 🩷

We all struggle with certain things. But I believe we are worth the good fight. Let’s give her grace, time and space to heal and process. Also, allow that for yourself. We are all loving and passionate. We get carried away with our feelings. We are human. Let’s support her journey. Let’s support each other’s too. Find the beauty in others and embrace yours. Yes, it’s scary seeing loved ones go through hardships. Please don’t let it consume you. It’s scary going through it yourself. It’s natural to feel shame or guilt but that doesn’t define you. Asking for help is difficult. I noticed alot of us are extremely independent. Which is great but independent people still need support. Let others help you like you would want to help them. That will create balance and harmony. That is hard and heavy work sometimes. It takes dedication and patience.
I would like to apologize for my part. I got scared. Especially with everything happening in the news. I got carried away out of fear for all these artists I have cared for and supported since they and I were children. And I was blind. How could I not see? Some I idolized even though I shouldn’t put people on pedestals. I started questioning everything. My fear and all the ‘what if’s’ was leading me down a rabbit hole of paranoia. If something harmful could happen to my favorite artist… well you get it. I had to put on the breaks man. In my personal life too. I regret letting my fear rattle me. I noticed my humor was becoming snarky and cruel. That’s not who I am. I don’t want to be that. I am not a sleuth. I don’t want to cause anyone more trauma than they’re already caring. I am sorry if my carelessness offended anyone. I will continue showing these artists love and support. And anyone in our little community who feels down, I will try to make you smile. 😊 Like they said you are not alone.  There is usually someone on here around the clock. You don’t have to share your personal struggles but know I love you 😘 and Im here. You’re Beautiful 😻 SHINE  

Sweet Dreams 🤘🌹💐🌹🤘

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Thank you for this message.. I need some friends in real life.. nice surprisesNational Red Rose Day Flower GIF

• Love 1

Chile...if after all that trama britney has been through,  the only "abnormal" thing she does is twirl & takes *****...ha..well britney said it best on ig to her kids... " you should be grateful i can sitdown & even have a normal conversation"...

Britney is doing better than we think she is.  Homegirl is STRONG. 

Edited by OutofKontrol
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, pop analyst said:

Thank you for this message.. I need some friends in real life.. nice surprisesNational Red Rose Day Flower GIF

Britney Spears Dancing GIF
Bring up Britney. Sounds weird but thats how I know when folks are cool. At work or picking up food. I will literally just start talking at people. Mostly everyone is shy. But idc if people hate me. So i just say. “You like music?” They usually are like Wtf?”yeah…” I say something like “You don't say lol. What are you listening too?” They will probably still be like wtf? So I drop Britneys name. “No judgy. I love all music. I was just rocking out to fawkin Britney Spears.” They laugh and are like “yeah…?” I say “He,LL YEAH. She’s a fawkn bad ash” They will tell you what they listen too because they know your secure in yourself and not afraid to be fun. So they open up and they wont feel like you’re judging them. On the DL everyone fawkin loves Britney Spears and her music. And if they dont they will still want to keep chatting. Works Everytime. Doesn’t matter what state Ive been in. Or country. It’s the best Ice Breaker. When I was in Florida we were stuck in the airport waiting for a bus. I saw a big group of foreigners that looked really lost. I learned they were from Japan. I asked if they need help and the Dad was like. “NO!” One girl had headphones on and I just said “Are you listening to Britney Spears?” She said “No! no.” Very fast. Kinda scared I think. I mean why would some ‘mow foe’ in pink shorts want to talk about pop music? I responded “Girl… you should… I got that Boom Boom 🎶 “ They lost it laughing. They were like we LOVE BRITNEY. Me and my group made friends, they were at a different resort but we met up and Animal Kindom and say Cirque. We did EPCOT together and fireworks. I met them by myself at House of Blues and we partied with locals. Everybody wants friends and everyone wants to have a good time. Everyone is just scared. Fawk that bullshart. Life is too short. Be kind and a little brave. Also a little stupid. You will meet some wonderful folks. I made a couple new friends today at my new job. 

🤘🏼🩷🤘🏼

titanic kate winslet GIF

Edited by LordofTheMoodRing
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Sorry I didn’t read all of that. How about you scroll down the threads you don’t like? That might be easier then trying the change of people’s perceptions?

I mean… couldn’t you have also done that tho instead of replying to something u didn’t read :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

On 3/29/2024 at 4:04 AM, BlackoutBaby said:

I feel that there is legitimate cause for concern, given that what she left the conservatorship with has to sustain her for the rest of her life, and there is currently no management of her 'brand'. If anyone else was posting all this as PR, they would be fired in an instant. Especially as this is the only real interface she has with the public anymore, so this is how they gain their impressions - this is something that Britney of all people should be mindful of. Even most 'retired' artists make a better effort to engage with their fanbase and public via social media.

We now have Britney saying she doesn't understand English anymore, because she changed her name. She thinks that people are making fun of her ring lights when that is the least thing anyone thinks is wrong. The current choreography - twirl, squeeze ***** together, poke tongue out at camera, smack butt, etc. I guess I do silly things in private sometimes but I'm not filming it for 'content' and this is a woman who was once capable of some of the most challenging choreography. I need to watch years old videos to remind myself of that now. I've really only seen this sort of thing in people with seriously disordered thinking.

(Mh survivor myself, family members with disorders. I wish my sister could have made it through as well but she didn't and there was no getting through to her. That's another story however I will leave for now.)

The “retired” artists that still put effort into engaging with the public are different from Britney though. Britney retired from Hollywood as a whole - she wants nothing to do with the public. Other retired artists are still involved with hollywood in one way or another and still put effort into maintaining their public image. I could see why you’d think it’s weird that she’s filming this type of thing for content but to ME, we just have to look at it from different lenses. Her videos will look weird if you’re looking at them from a perspective where she is just like any other celebrity in the industry doing content especifically FOR the public. But IMO, if you look at them from a perspective where she is a woman that has had people meticulously control how she chooses to “express herself” for almost two decades and literally doesn’t want to be aesthetically pleasing for anyone BUT herself anymore and wants to share that with the fans who helped her become a free woman (even if people outside of the fanbase can still interact with what she does) you can understand her better. I’m not here to change your perception but to share what my perception of her is. Sorry if this sounds cluttered, I’m just putting together my thoughts in a way they kinda make sense to me. 

Britney’s freestyle dancing on Instagram is probably no different than the freestyle dancing she used to do let’s say fifteen years ago. The difference is that’s now public. I personally think it’s unrealistic to expect her to still be doing or sharing “challenging choreography” when there’s no reason for her to. When she posts videos dancing she isn’t trying to show people “hey I still got it!! Kiss my 🍑 !!!” she’s just sharing what makes her happy. If the public doesn’t get it, they simply don’t. I think Britney is well past the point where she wants to do things for other people and not for herself. The goal was never to please them. The goal also isn’t to rebel against them. The goal is simply to do what she wants to do to people who may understand her and not give her judgement.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block