Hi I came back from being chronically offline with possibly one of the hottest stupidest takes about Britney's discography... and that's coming from the same guy who claims that Femme Fatale is better than Blackout (it is though imo).

Britney Jean isn't that bad. As in, the songs, in my opinion. 

- Alien is one of Britney's best, if it wasn't for that audio glitch... Personal!
- Work B is one of my favorite lead singles for a Britney album.
- Perfume's lyrically kinda clunky (and I try to act "natral") but it's listenable. Personal!
- Tik Tik Boom is sonically great but lyrically not that good specially towards the T.I. verse. 
- It Should Be Easy is a BANGER and I love what they do with the distortion of Britney's voice there.
- Til' It's Gone should've been a single. Personal!
- Body Ache is good but the drop feels like one of those bad royalty-free songs people would put over let's play videos.
- Passenger is really good but that's expected of something penned by Katy Perry and Sia. Personal!
- Chillin' With You should be put in depths of hell where it deserves.
- Don't Cry reminds me of her older work with BOMT and OIDIA, in a good way. She sounds AMAZING here too! Personal!

Britney Jean isn't a perfect album in any way, but it's not the monstruously awful work I thought it was. I swear if it wasn't for Myah Marie and the album promoting it as her most personal album y'all and the GP would've ate it up. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

We don't talk about the deluxe tracks though.

What do you guys think? What are your favorite tracks from that album? Mine are Alien, Work B and Don't Cry :D

Edited by FFBetterThanBlackout
  • Like 2

Some parts of it haven't aged well and I don't think highly of it but there's still some decent songs on it. I'd still rank it over Baby (I know it's Britney's debut but it's probs my least fave album of hers). Alien, Work B, Perfume, Til It's Gone and Hold On Tight are the 5 best tracks for me. Chillin' With You could have been so much better though.

7 hours ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

Same here! Just defending Britney Jean in particular because it's easily the most hated from the bunch, and it has reason, but I'd like to bring up its positives, which I did :)

i know girl :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block