Tyla is so Britney-like

1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

More like Aaliyah or Ashanti, but not Britney :)

Why is that? Because she’s black? It Factor transcends race. For one Ashanti does not dance. The outfit she’s wearing in that live performance is so Slave 4 U DWAD coded and Tyla has come out and said that Britney is one of her inspirations. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

She’s even noted Britney as one of influences!

4 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

Why is that? Because she’s black? It Factor transcends race. For one Ashanti does not dance. The outfit she’s wearing in that live performance is so Slave 4 U DWAD coded and Tyla has come out and said that Britney is one of her inspirations. 

Thank you at least someone said it! it’s beyond lazy to compare someone just based on race! Lol

• Love 5
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Thank you at least someone said it! it’s beyond lazy to compare someone just based on race! Lol

Well Ashanti and Aaliyah are also RnB artists like Tyla. Tho, I would say that Tyla’s bubbly personality more closely mirror’s early Britney. And being compared to Aaliyah (may she rest in peace 😭) is always a compliment to me

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

20 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

race had nothing to do with my comment, YOU made it about race, based on YOUR prejudice 

My opinion was based on her vibe and tone of her voice.

Meryl Streep Miranda Priestley GIF

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

race had nothing to do with my comment, YOU made it about race, based on YOUR prejudice 

My opinion was based on her vibe and tone of her voice.

Meryl Streep Miranda Priestley GIF

Maybe the tone of voice but what’s the vibe? Aaliyah wasn’t known for her frilly skirt outfits or going under the waterfall and the whole bit, thats all very Britney coded.

And Ashanti wasn’t dancing the way Tyla is, or ever gave memorable performances…

That being said I’m not negating there’s similarities with them, but the way you completely shut down the OP comparison’s to Britney was not it. Not only can you see the B influence in Tyla’s live performances, but as mentioned before Tyla herself has brought up Britney as an influence so it checks out.

Edited by monalisaney81
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

Maybe the tone of voice but what’s the vibe? Aaliyah wasn’t known for her frilly skirt outfits or going under the waterfall and the whole bit, thats all very Britney coded.

And Ashanti wasn’t dancing the way Tyla is, or ever gave memorable performances…

That being said I’m not negating there’s similarities with them, but the way you completely shut down the OP comparison’s to Britney was not it. Not only can you see the B influence in Tyla’s live performances, but as mentioned before Tyla herself has brought up Britney as an influence so it checks out.

SPEAK ON IT!!! xoxo

Animated GIF 

4 hours ago, Endlessstan said:

Well Ashanti and Aaliyah are also RnB artists like Tyla. Tho, I would say that Tyla’s bubbly personality more closely mirror’s early Britney. And being compared to Aaliyah (may she rest in peace 😭) is always a compliment to me

I can kinda see the Aaliyah comparison if I had to really dig. But the Ashanti comparison made me second look at the comment. Emotion Reaction GIF 

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, Kiey said:

This girl coming outta nowhere and really slaying with the X-factor like Slave Britney

she just oozes superstar performer the way Britney was wow!

Not you using that cringe Water song as proof . Girlll that song is so annoying. She can perform though but Tinashe’s All Hands On Deck is more Britney coded than this girl is 

I dont like tate McRae and I dont think she is britney coded at all, altho I like tyla and her personality and she sometimes reminds me of britney. 

For me, the way she dances is very britney like bc she is smooth and it comes natural, however with tate McRae is not like that 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block