RollingStone: Britney's Catalog rises up 24% after Memoir release

Streams have risen 24 percent compared to last week amid the release of Spears's The Woman in Me

singer-britney-spears-attends-the-mtv-ba

''Streams for Britney Spears‘s catalog rose about 24 percent this week amid the release of her much-talked-about memoir The Woman in Me, according to data from Luminate.''

Streams had begun to steadily climb last week when details in the book — notably Spears’s claims that she had an abor**on after getting pregnant with her then-boyfriend Justin Timberlake’s child — had begun to surface online. Those numbers remained steady this week, with streams up nearly 23 percent just from release day and the day after compared to the week before. As of Wednesday, Spears had garnered about 16 million streams, per Luminate. Sales hiked even more, up over 80 percent compared to a week ago, though that only amounts to about 1,150 digital sales total.

Sales for The Woman In Me memoir itself have been hot. It’s currently at the top of Amazon’s Best Sellers book list, and Spears claimed this week that the book became the bestselling celebrity memoir of all-time after release day alone this week. Michelle Williams provided the voice of Spears for the memoir’s audio book.

memoirs-britney-spears.JPG

Aside from the abor**on claims, the book revealed bombshells and insights from Spears about her life, particularly regarding the controversial conservatorship she was under for years before it finally ended in 2021. Spears wrote that the conservatorship turned her into a “child-robot,” and that she felt betrayed by her sister Jamie Lynn after she told her to stop fighting it.

the-woman-in-me-britney-spears-talks-abo

ARTICLE:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Britney Spears's catalog streams jumped 24 percent this week amid the release of her buzzy memoir "The Woman in Me."

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block