Where's JLo's new album?

Fita

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

@princessmimi I do think she's a good actress. I always find it odd when people suggest otherwise. I agree her s** appeal and dancing ability launched her music career more than her singing ability. I'd argue it was probably the motivating factor of her record deal. And that's not a criticism because her music career succeeded, so she and her label made good, marketable decisions. 

Agree.

I love all her romantic comedies like Maid In Manhattan, The Wedding Planner, Monster In Law.

She's very charming and charismatic as an actress.

Exactly and people pick on Britney for that but yet don't say that about JLO.

Why is that? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Love 1

Well, I care :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

And. I'm all for this nostalgic or Bennifer celebration album lol

I wouldn't say I'm a JLo fan but these last weeks I kinda felt "in love" with This Is Me Then :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

But yeah nobody in the media talks about it anymore even JLo, like it never happened :katyfrog_perry_upset_um: even after that apple interview she gave about it :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 1
On 9/8/2023 at 6:06 PM, DeleteMyAccountASAP said:

Her thing is something different :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Just watched part of the video. I thought it was normal/okay to keep the demo singer or the songwriter voices on the final song but I'm not sure if they get credited. I remember Sia does that. For example she wrote Perfume for Britney and you can still hear her vocals in it, but in this case she's the songwriter so she's credited as so. My guess is that probably a lot more artists out there does what the video says JLo does. Guess it could lead us to the dancing doubles in music videos like that one in Britney's TTWE. They make it seem like it's normal but we as the public don't really swallow/accept it. 

:typing_keyboard_computer:

7 hours ago, Fita said:

Just watched part of the video. I thought it was normal/okay to keep the demo singer or the songwriter voices on the final song but I'm not sure if they get credited. I remember Sia does that. For example she wrote Perfume for Britney and you can still hear her vocals in it, but in this case she's the songwriter so she's credited as so. My guess is that probably a lot more artists out there does what the video says JLo does. Guess it could lead us to the dancing doubles in music videos like that one in Britney's TTWE. They make it seem like it's normal but we as the public don't really swallow/accept it. 

:typing_keyboard_computer:

Britney was layered with Sia and they both were in final mix, you can hear it in stems pack :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Watch whole video :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

1 hour ago, DeleteMyAccountASAP said:

Britney was layered with Sia and they both were in final mix, you can hear it in stems pack :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Watch whole video :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

I watched the majority of the video, honey. And what I was saying is that Sia who's the singer of the demo of Perfume still remains in the final song along with Britney, but she still is credited there (it seems the girls who JLo "stole" the vocals don't get credited though). I said that because I heard in the video that JLo keeps the vocals of the previous singers in the song. I was wondering if backsinging and also being a songwriter of the song makes a difference on getting credits or not. Btw, why you being rude? I'm definitely not attacking you, just thinking with you. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: Like, seems JLo didn't give credits of the vocals of those singers. And it seems to me that in Hollywood it seems kinda normal to keep the vocals of the singer who sings the demo in the final song. Only being a songwriter makes you get credited even if you're singing there in the background? Okay, I guess I made my point.:)

10 minutes ago, Fita said:

I watched the majority of the video, honey. And what I was saying is that Sia who's the singer of the demo of Perfume still remains in the final song along with Britney, but she still is credited there (it seems the girls who JLo "stole" the vocals don't get credited though). I said that because I heard in the video that JLo keeps the vocals of the previous singers in the song. I was wondering if backsinging and also being a songwriter of the song makes a difference on getting credits or not. Btw, why you being rude? I'm definitely not attacking you, just thinking with you. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand: Like, seems JLo didn't give credits of the vocals of those singers. And it seems to me that in Hollywood it seems kinda normal to keep the vocals of the singer who sings the demo in the final song. Only being a songwriter makes you get credited even if you're singing there in the background? Okay, I guess I made my point.:)

Omg what? But I like you right:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

Britney did 100% vocals on Perfume, and if it was layered with Sia in background, it doesn't matter.... JLo is pretending to do vocals recorded from others.

:cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

3 minutes ago, DeleteMyAccountASAP said:

Omg what? But I like you right:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

Britney did 100% vocals on Perfume, and if it was layered with Sia in background, it doesn't matter.... JLo is pretending to do vocals recorded from others.

:cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I meant that you can hear Sia's vocals underneath Britney's vocals in Perfume (and is she only credited because she wrote it?)

So finally my point was: all the times that vocals from another singer are used in the final version of the song this person is credited? And apparently not. At least not in this whole JLo case. If JLo uses 100% of the vocals of Natasha Ramos for example... Then it's not fair. But shouldn't Myah Marie sue Britney then? Jk :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

I don't understand the rules of this music industry so I'm just wondering really. What I know is that backing vocals are credited. But using 100% of the vocals and not singing a **** is odd.

Was I not making myself clear because of my not so fluent English btw? :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Sorry anywaysss be nice xoxo 

Just now, Fita said:

I meant that you can hear Sia's vocals underneath Britney's vocals in Perfume (and is she only credited because she wrote it?)

No hun, she is credited also as bgv, and yeah she is underneath her voice as bgv :)

Personnel
Britney Spears – lead vocals, songwriting
Sia – songwriting, backing vocals

---

3 minutes ago, Fita said:

So finally my point was: all the times that vocals from another singer are used in the final version of the song this person is credited? And apparently not. At least not in this whole JLo case. If JLo uses 100% of the vocals of Natasha Ramos for example... Then it's not fair. But shouldn't Myah Marie sue Britney then? Jk :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

I don't understand the rules of this music industry so I'm just wondering really. What I know is that backing vocals are credited. But using 100% of the vocals and not singing a **** is odd.

Was I not making myself clear because of my not so fluent English btw? :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Sorry anywaysss be nice xoxo 

In JLo's career it's unfair towards all women who recorded their vocals.

Myah got paid for record britneys songs, but they used her all vocals and even bothered to credit her or use Britneys. Definitely it's not Britney's fault. And Myah signed NDA before she recorded her vocals.

9 minutes ago, DeleteMyAccountASAP said:

No hun, she is credited also as bgv, and yeah she is underneath her voice as bgv :)

Personnel
Britney Spears – lead vocals, songwriting
Sia – songwriting, backing vocals

---

In JLo's career it's unfair towards all women who recorded their vocals.

Myah got paid for record britneys songs, but they used her all vocals and even bothered to credit her or use Britneys. Definitely it's not Britney's fault. And Myah signed NDA before she recorded her vocals.

Yeah, I agree its not Britney's fault. Love you Britney. I was just joking. But definitely Britney's ex team should've done it better. Or the label. Not very fair to the fans.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.