Britney is reportedly writing down lyrics about her life for new music project

Cqleb

8 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

So she was recording songs from her living room then? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

The plans to release a new album are good news, but it is impossible to achieve success without any promotion. Not just promotion from Britney's side. F.ck.ng label should come up with good strategy and some good budget.

I hope she can shoot a video clip at least this time. However, Britney seems so distant, all over the place, messy  that unfortunately I can't see her releasing new album, shooting a video clip and performing the song with proper choreography. 

Not happening any time soon.In Your Dreams Blaxploitation GIF by Warner Archive

Instagram is one, maybe two minute insight into Britney, it's not her everyday or a documenting of everything she does with everyone everywhere she goes. I'm not saying I expect a new era, but her Instagram isn't proof that she might not be working on projects. She has said she's done with the industry so maybe, if there is music, expect nothing but that. She'll announce a project if she wants to do so, but it doesn't necessarily mean she isn't writing, yet alone recording, even as an outlet.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Henry. said:

Not excited at all after MYB's terrible rollout :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: She's gonna decline this offer or accept it and it will turn out to be another bad decision for her career. NEXT.

Not being shady here, but what "terrible rollout" did the song have? It was revealed in an article, teased via snippet by Will.i.am, teased a bit more in interviews, and then released. The response was mixed, to be far, with people  either liking it as a cute dance bop for clubs or disliked for not being deep or meeting expectations, and this is referring to outside here...

The negativity was created by fans the minute the idea of a song was even mentioned, and "fans" made every effort to sabotage the song before its release. Not because Britney did anything, or Will.i.am did anything. The same happened with Hold Me Closer; "fans" went out of their way to create a narrative out of nothing to leave a bad taste in people's mouths before you could hit play. The book recieved the same treatment too.

I mean, you're already making it clear you're ready to repeat that cycle, and we don't even know if there's any truth to it, other than this article. You're setting yourself up for disappointment because youve already deemed music that hasn't been recorded yet alone released a failure.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, Henry. said:

I don't see how this is a counter argument. My point remains; The song was released to a mix marmite like reception with the general public, but before it was even teased, ''fans'' were actively making efforts to undermine it. Would it becoming a payola hit make it better? would it stop you actively prejudging her projects as bad before they even start to materialise?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I mean.. manjobi broke the internet and annihilated the charts, so yes absolutely.. labels are fighting to invest MILLIONS in Britney in 2023 :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

She obviously didn't give a **** about that song and it likely cost next to nothing to put out. I said if she wants to, meaning she decides to put her heart into it and make money. At least understand what I said before TRYING to come for me.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

Right. There is alway a place for Britney at the top. She just needs to be hungry enough, and want to.

Thank you. That's exactly what im saying. People on here who are experts in scrolling TikTok are blessing us with brilliant insights into music contracts and payouts. 

• Like 2
3 saat önce Tiffany.Pollard şunları söyledi:

Alıntımı tercüme ettin ben...:gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

İçimden bir ses onun bir sonraki parçası olarak akustik enstrümanlar içeren bir R&B şarkısı yayınlayacağını söylüyor.:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

RnBney… yes.. and i want Rapney 😂

Edited by Yanal
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ronron said:

Are gh albums still a thing? I mean back in the day they made sense because you could get all of your fave songs without buying all the albums but nowadays everyone can just purchase or stream the song they like from any album individually, other than taylor swift because her fans buy everything she puts out i dont see any gh hits album doing well? 

Steps released one last year and it went to #1. i do agree they are kinda pointless nowadays. unless is it true Britney only has 1 more album under RCA?? If thats the case, GH counts as an album so it'd be a easy way for her to fulfil that contract and she'd be able to make a fresh start and sign a new record deal on her terms for B10 so i kinda get if Britney wanted out of the contract and she only had 1 album left, chuck out a GH, doesnt really matter how well it does then thats her done with RCA. TBH maybe im being naïve but i do think it would at least go top 10 in the UK and US which for a GH is good, then it would conjure up interest for B10. No doubt there'll be fans who will still buy it just to add to their collection, tbh i'll probably still buy it, ill never use it but now with even new studio albums i buy the CD because i like having the hard copy and  add it to my album collection but i never use it because i use spotify

11 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I don't see how this is a counter argument. My point remains; The song was released to a mix marmite like reception with the general public, but before it was even teased, ''fans'' were actively making efforts to undermine it. Would it becoming a payola hit make it better? would it stop you actively prejudging her projects as bad before they even start to materialise?

Almost every single released nowadays receives basic playlisting on Spotify and radio deals. However, in the case of this one, it was significantly below the average. It's not about whether the song is good or bad, or what we, as fans, think. The rollout was absolutely terrible. Period.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Henry. said:

Almost every single released nowadays receives basic playlisting on Spotify and radio deals. However, in the case of this one, it was significantly below the average. It's not about whether the song is good or bad, or what we, as fans, think. The rollout was absolutely terrible. Period.

The rollout and the song was terrible period.  

• Love 1
On 9/4/2023 at 6:06 AM, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

I kinda agree in parts. If any label is going to invest 4m in advance just for her to walk in the studio then they should probably expect big returns and promo. She doesn't need to do interviews and performances and tours if she doesn't want to but if she doesn't want to do it, if she only wants to record and release stuff for the fans then labels aren't going to invest that much money upfront. ESPECIALLY because of a big chunk of her fanbase that boycotts whatever she releases. So from what we know from her mouth, how much she hates the industry, I do not see a label offering her that much money unless she agrees to do promo and step it up and become THE Britney Spears again.

That's all my opinion, wtf do I know

£4 million upfront is NOTHING.
A Taylor Swift video alone costs 7.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block