I want to go abroad for a year, help me decide

nstink

I want to spend a year in an english speaking country. So I thought it'd be great in Montreal but the extreme weather scares me.

in celcius -25C in winter max, and that really scares me. Anyone who moved there, let me know, should I still be scared, is it easy to handle? 

I wanted then the US but it scares me, I visited the west coast years ago and I didn't feel good there, I thought though I could give it a try with New York. But I'm not naive and I know that it's very expensive. Anyone who's done this in NY or is a New Yorker what would you like to tell me?

Then I thought about the UK, London, Scotland, Ireland... anyone there let me know.

Thank you guys 

:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nstink said:

I want to spend a year in an english speaking country. So I thought it'd be great in Montreal but the extreme weather scares me.

in celcius -25C in winter max, and that really scares me. Anyone who moved there, let me know, should I still be scared, is it easy to handle? 

I wanted then the US but it scares me, I visited the west coast years ago and I didn't feel good there, I thought though I could give it a try with New York. But I'm not naive and I know that it's very expensive. Anyone who's done this in NY or is a New Yorker what would you like to tell me?

Then I thought about the UK, London, Scotland, Ireland... anyone there let me know.

Thank you guys 

:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

I never been to the UK, but my friend’s daughter goes to school out there and my friend has gone a few times to visit her in Ireland, she says she doesn’t like it. We live in Southern California, so we’re used to mostly cool sunny days. She said the weather is awful out there and the country is so old most of their structures don’t have air conditioning or heating. Also there’s a lot of rodents. Like it’s just a norm to them, I guess.  I mean if that’s all you’ve ever known, I guess it’s fine, but maybe my friend is just being too entitled and prissy???! 

I visited NY when I was a teen for two weeks, and I liked it. It’s fast paced out there. I stayed in Manhattan and it was a bit of culture shock. I used to want to live there but I think I’m passed my party years and I just enjoy a slower pace of life. 

Keep us posted on what you decide. There’s always going to be pros and cons in any where you choose to live, but I hope you find the best fit! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block