Britney reportedly did not record the audio book of 'The Woman In Me'

10 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

I hate that the GP still sees her in that light, but she also has not done much to change their perception of her. After she became free, that was her moment to show the world that she was in charge, about to take full control of herself and career, and really show how talented she was as an artist. What we got was videos of her spinning, tacky nude pics and this new song with Will I Am didn’t help. To us, she might look hot and happy in those videos of her twirling, but to the public, she still looks out of it, and like she needs help. 

Welp, no such thing as a perfect victim! 🫶

I’m actually shocked that people are shocked. She signed up for a book, RECORDING it as well is above and beyond. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with laziness. This is not the same as using an old picture cause you don’t feel like doing photo shoots and celebrity stuff - she is literally supposed to be discussing the darkest parts of her life.

Also, I’m probably in the minority on this one but I’m actually glad she isn’t narrating. I don’t think it’s appropriate and I don’t think it would flow naturally as if she’s reading a script… Btw, I don’t think it’s that common for celebrities to RECORD their book as well. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: And Britney’s story is obviously darker than most of them. 

37 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

I’m actually shocked that people are shocked. She signed up for a book, RECORDING it as well is above and beyond. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with laziness. This is not the same as using an old picture cause you don’t feel like doing photo shoots and celebrity stuff - she is literally supposed to be discussing the darkest parts of her life.

Also, I’m probably in the minority on this one but I’m actually glad she isn’t narrating. I don’t think it’s appropriate and I don’t think it would flow naturally as if she’s reading a script… Btw, I don’t think it’s that common for celebrities to RECORD their book as well. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: And Britney’s story is obviously darker than most of them. 

Most celebrities do narrate their own memoirs though. Mariah Carey, Prince Harry, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson, Jennette McCurdy, Matthew McConaughey, and many more narrated their books themselves.

• Like 2

I am not sure if you guys have watched the 2nd season of JLT. In one episode, Carrie has to record the audio book for her new book. After trying many times and having anxiety, in the end she is not able to record it because while recording it, she is reliving the pain of her husband's death again. 

So I am guessing probably for the same reason, why Britney couldn't record the audio book. 

After all everyone is built different and we have our own way of dealing with things! 

Just my opinion. 

:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lola2790 said:

Most celebrities do narrate their own memoirs though. Mariah Carey, Prince Harry, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson, Jennette McCurdy, Matthew McConaughey, and many more narrated their books themselves.

Really? It sounds so awkward. Britney’s story is really rough though. But again, I don’t equate it with laziness at all. Just hear how upset she was during her (probably written beforehand) testimony. Why put herself through that for hours? I don’t think it’s necessary. 

15 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I knew it!
I called it!

I don't get how she is comfortable recording herself on IG all the time yet doesn't want to record an audiobook based on the story of HER LIFE!

She's ok with posting unusual videos on her IG but not ok recording an audiobook where no one is filming her btw?

Oh Britney, I love you but you confuse me sometimes. 

It's really not surprising. Writing it had her going through it what with the IG outbursts (captions/audio). Recording it and rehashing it wouldn't be good imo. I don't blame her for not reading for the audiobook. I never expected to. She wanted to write a book. That's it.

14 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

This dumb you are dumb :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

her recording herself & posting it on Instagram is not the same as having to relive the traumatic experiences she’s been through. She said she had to take a lot of therapy writing the book, so why you think she wants to read it for an audio book?  It’s not Britney I be confuse about it’s y’all no thinking a.s.s.e.s. She is a human you know & have feelings. You mad because she didn’t do this for your entertainment/pleasure?  :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Also, according to Amazon the audiobook is 7 hours long. This is pretty long and she would probably need breaks during recording and between the recording days. It would definitely take a while 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Benjamyn said:

Because she enjoys creative writing, and it is not her career...

Whereas recording her voice is her career.

She has a ghostwriter so she most likely wrote tonnes of notes, and he compiled them into something cohesive and easy to understand... If we can judge by Britney recording voice messages over the past few years... she stumbles, you cannot do that on an audio book, so she would be continually having to redo it over and over.

Pretty sure they would have trialled it before she said no to it.

I wonder why she is so insecure about recording her voice.

Is it cause it changed so much compared to before?

• Super Mods
42 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

It's really not surprising. Writing it had her going through it what with the IG outbursts (captions/audio). Recording it and rehashing it wouldn't be good imo. I don't blame her for not reading for the audiobook. I never expected to. She wanted to write a book. That's it.

Yeah I understand but at the same time,

She fought so hard to speak her truth and now when she has the opportunity to, she won't?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, handmedown said:

This is honestly for the best. It's a very difficult thing which is why professional voice actors exist. 

Shania Twain read an intro to her audiobook and then let a pro read the rest and it didn't detract from the experience at all. 

As did Mel B from the Spice Girls.

Maybe Britney will do the introduction bit for the book. Who knows. I'm going to get the audiobook anyways.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.