Kelly Clarkson responds to Clive Davis SYBG claims

Not to mention, with My December there was a lot of back and forth between Kelly and Clive. They didn’t agree on the direction and while the album is not polished in the way her other stuff is, it is a testament to her ability to stand her own ground against a bunch of naysayers and people that didn’t like her own writing. I know Simon Cowell also suggested something similar, but later retracted his statements saying that Kelly was still the artist on a major label. Very annoying.

I know Clive also described the label working relationship with Kelly like “a family”. Kelly was like, we aren’t family what kind of a family does xyz. 

She was also so pissed off that she had to perform and promote Never Again at some charity show because it was super bitter. I think at that point 

Anyway, she later just kind of got over it I think? I know she was forced to work with Luke again for All I Ever Wanted, if I’m not mistaken. Basically the label didn’t respect her artistic integrity, which isn’t exactly uncommon so it doesn’t surprise me at all

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

Not to mention, with My December there was a lot of back and forth between Kelly and Clive. They didn’t agree on the direction and while the album is not polished in the way her other stuff is, it is a testament to her ability to stand her own ground against a bunch of naysayers and people that didn’t like her own writing. 

My D is my favourite album of hers 

:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, aleomg said:

Love how some Exhalers stan for My December. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Honestly, that's her best album artistically. :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

It is her best album! I know people said the latest record is supposed to be angrier, and while it’s likely more personal (I haven’t listened to all the songs out yet, based on the buzz singles I genuinely thought it was going to be something much more raw and akin to My December. Maybe I’m wrong though?? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

It is her best album! I know people said the latest record is supposed to be angrier, and while it’s likely more personal (I haven’t listened to all the songs out yet, based on the buzz singles I genuinely thought it was going to be something much more raw and akin to My December. Maybe I’m wrong though?? 

You’re totally right. We were waiting for My December 2.0 and Chemistry turned out to be Meaning of Life 2.0 without the singles and with some elements of Piece by Piece. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I didn’t enjoy the record except for ‘favorite kind of high’ and ‘chemistry’.  :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Give it a shot and see if you like it. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, aleomg said:

You’re totally right. We were waiting for My December 2.0 and Chemistry turned out to be Meaning of Life 2.0 without the singles and with some elements of Piece by Piece. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I didn’t enjoy the record except for ‘favorite kind of high’ and ‘chemistry’.  :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Give it a shot and see if you like it. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: yeah. it truly sounds like meaning of life featuring GAYLE. I didn’t even mind MOL, however I feel like the entirety of promoting that record as the most her most and most personal was kind of dismissing the success of My December. We know she liked that record and fought for it, but maybe she thinks no one knows about it? I feel like that album is paid a lot of dust, to the point where it’s not even on Apple Music in Canada.

will be giving it a try though. Wish me luck :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: yeah. it truly sounds like meaning of life featuring GAYLE. I didn’t even mind MOL, however I feel like the entirety of promoting that record as the most her most and most personal was kind of dismissing the success of My December. We know she liked that record and fought for it, but maybe she thinks no one knows about it? I feel like that album is paid a lot of dust, to the point where it’s not even on Apple Music in Canada.

will be giving it a try though. Wish me luck :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I remember her speaking about it once and saying how that album was a result of the label turning her into a dark and angry little girl.

I’m sad she barely performs any song from that album anymore. But maybe it’s triggering for? Idk it’s such a masterpiece tho 

:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Seeing these made me happy…

8 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

The new album is amazing 🤩 it’s a whole bag of emotions 🙌🏻 her voice is just getting better as she gets older

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MarkSzmerdt said:

The new album is amazing 🤩 it’s a whole bag of emotions 🙌🏻 her voice is just getting better as she gets older

I previewed it! The vocals ate tbh. I just wish it was more rock! But I get that this was a therapy record for her 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.