Britney quote: “I’d rather be by myself forever than be with somebody because I’m lonely”.

Does anyone remember this quote from Britney? She said it in her “Stages” documentary. Granted, that was over 20 years ago, but do you guys still think she stands by this?

I know back in 2007 she said she let a lot of bad people in her life because she was lonely. I’m asking you guys this because I’ve seen some comments here saying Britney is with Sam cuz she’s lonely or has no other options. So what do you think, is she with him for that reason? Or is her loneliness not killin her no more?

Personally, I think if she didn’t wanna be with Sam, she wouldn’t be. Whatever your opinion of him may be, I think she’s stronger (than yesterday) and isn’t afraid to be alone.  Thoughts? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, easy said:

i 100% agree with you in that britney would NOT be with sam if she didn't want to be with him. people have put this perception of britney "always needing a man" on her, even team con did it when they said she's happier with a boyfriend or whatever bs they said about it. but britney can and has always stood strong on her own as well. she's experienced loneliness, she's experienced people being in her life that didn't really care about her, now she's finally getting to experience someone that's with her because of HER and her alone, and they try to tarnish that. and tbh i find the entire sam discourse here on exhale completely disrespectful and bordering on harmful

I actually think the period after the breakup with Charlie and before she met Sam was actually a pretty good time in her life. I know she was still under the con at the time, but she seemed self assured and confident and even said in her interview with Jonathan Ross that she wasn’t looking for a man and was really content with herself. Telling men they can suck her toe was hilarious.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
Just now, Emil87 said:

I actually think the period after the breakup with Charlie and before she met Sam was actually a pretty good time in her life. I know she was still under the con at the time, but she seemed self assured and confident and even said in her interview with Jonathan Ross that she wasn’t looking for a man and was really content with herself. Telling men they can suck her toe was hilarious.

Charlie was the one that got away.. he was an accomplished, succesful, wealthy man that wanted to marry and have kids with her but of course he couldn't keep up with the conservatorship charade because he had nothing to gain since he already had a career, he didnt need her for her name..

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

yes! this time period was exactly what i was thinking of when i said she can stand strong on her own. there's nothing to indicate britney is so afraid of being alone she's staying with a man she doesn't care for. there's nothing even in her history to suggest that.

Edited by easy
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

If she said that (I don't recall those words in the documentary) she was like 20 years old...  and "still a virgin" :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:.

I am pretty sure your idea of loneliness can radically change after you are trafficked for +13 years and your kids wont speak to you. Now that's loneliness.

She def said it, just not sure if it was said in the doc or not. And she was pretty mature for her age at 20, so I wouldn’t count her age as a factor.

I do agree a big part of her must be lonely not seeing her kids, but they made that decision. There’s not much she can do about that, she’s mentioned how many times she tried reaching out. Maybe for now she has accepted it and is finding inner happiness. One can be alone but not lonely. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

She def said it, just not sure if it was said in the doc or not. And she was pretty mature for her age at 20, so I wouldn’t count her age as a factor.

I do agree a big part of her must be lonely not seeing her kids, but they made that decision. There’s not much she can do about that, she’s mentioned how many times she tried reaching out. Maybe for now she has accepted it and is finding inner happiness. One can be alone but not lonely. 

I think she is building up her life and pretty much working with what she has left. I wish she can be happy again with her children one day. I do think she is lonely.. she is living a tough life by not having her sons around.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Charlie was the one that got away.. he was an accomplished, succesful, wealthy man that wanted to marry and have kids with her but of course he couldn't keep up with the conservatorship charade because he had nothing to gain since he already had a career, he didnt need her for her name..

I agree about him being very successful and wealthy, but wasn’t he also born into money? He didn’t exactly accomplish everything on his own, per say.

Also, how can you say he wanted to marry and have kids with her as if that’s a fact? We don’t know much about their relationship, unless I missed some quote from him saying that. Can you elaborate on that?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I agree about him being very successful and wealthy, but wasn’t he also born into money? He didn’t exactly accomplish everything on his own, per say.

Also, how can you say he wanted to marry and have kids with her as if that’s a fact? We don’t know much about their relationship, unless I missed some quote from him saying that. Can you elaborate on that?

No one knows a single fact about Britney's love life during her conservatorship because all the guys she dated signed NDA and kept to themselves. Didn't he got married and had a baby with the woman he dated after Britney? Britney wasnt allowed to. No brainer

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

No one knows a single fact about Britney's love life during her conservatorship because all the guys she dated signed NDA and kept to themselves. Didn't he got married and had a baby with the woman he dated after Britney? Britney wasnt allowed to. No brainer

Exactly, no one knows. How does him getting married to his gf after Britney equate to him and Britney wanting a marriage and kids together?

She even at one point during her residency said she’s been single for 2 or 3 years, completely ignoring the relationship with Charlie. Don’t think it was meant to be, although on the surface he was a great catch. He’s beautiful. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I just want Britney to be happy. As a fan, there’s honestly nothing more I could possibly ever want or ask for from her. 

Whether we like Sam or not, whether we think Charlie is the one who got away or not, there’s one thing I think we as a fanbase can all agree on, and that is we just want her to be happy. 

Spoiler

Just don’t tell her that :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I think she is building up her life and pretty much working with what she has left. I wish she can be happy again with her children one day. I do think she is lonely.. she is living a tough life by not having her sons around.

I agree it's probably beyond heartbreaking to had her children dangled as carrots to get her into the c ship and I believe she did everything possible to keep going for her boys.

In the end Britney was freed and to have her independence back only to have them not want anything to do with her is heartbreaking.

Britney spent so much time away from them I bet it hurts her deeply that she always wanted to have kids, and to not have been in their lives as much. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Does anyone remember this quote from Britney? She said it in her “Stages” documentary. Granted, that was over 20 years ago, but do you guys still think she stands by this?

I know back in 2007 she said she let a lot of bad people in her life because she was lonely. I’m asking you guys this because I’ve seen some comments here saying Britney is with Sam cuz she’s lonely or has no other options. So what do you think, is she with him for that reason? Or is her loneliness not killin her no more?

Personally, I think if she didn’t wanna be with Sam, she wouldn’t be. Whatever your opinion of him may be, I think she’s stronger (than yesterday) and isn’t afraid to be alone.  Thoughts? 

We don't know why are they two together. We don't even know how Sam got to britney. I highly doubt that team con would have left Sam's number in Britney's hands whole time and that Britney could even text and call whoever she wanted. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block