Is Selena Gomez 'Florance Foster Jenkins' from nowdays?

I saw today a movie with Meryl Streep, and and I similarities there with Selena Gomez. Florance really tried to push herself, and she had strong support and funding. Everyone was constantly trying to excuse her, her shortcomings. Selena Gomez has the same. But with the difference that her voice is edited by a computer and she has more beauty. Everyone also tries to excuse her shortcomings and not be sober. Yes, she can release good songs, but the mistakes are still there and people should talk about them. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Edited by Flavor Of Love
2 hours ago, Flavor Of Love said:

I saw today a movie with Meryl Streep, and and I similarities there with Selena Gomez. Florance really tried to push herself, and she had strong support and funding. Everyone was constantly trying to excuse her, her shortcomings. Selena Gomez has the same. But with the difference that her voice is edited by a computer and she has more beauty. Everyone also tries to excuse her shortcomings and not be sober. Yes, she can release good songs, but the mistakes are still there and people should talk about them. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

huh? britney is this you posting lol

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

lol the slander and scandal. They’re not alike at all. Great movie though 👍🏽 I watch it offfffften

They are the same in that both of them everybody overlooked their poor vocal performances and people lie to themselves that they are amazing singers... but they are none of that.

9 hours ago, Jsken said:

I don't think Selena is a particularly good live singer but that AMA 2014 performance isn't bad (for her anyway)

Maybe some performances are "not that bad", but still - they both are not singers :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

1 hour ago, Flavor Of Love said:

They are the same in that both of them everybody overlooked their poor vocal performances and people lie to themselves that they are amazing singers... but they are none of that.

Maybe some performances are "not that bad", but still - they both are not singers :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I mean… I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone refer to Selena as an amazing singer but 🤷🏽‍♂️ opinions are called that for a reason. In my opinion, Selena has a FAR better voice than Florence but Florence had more desire to perform. Selena gets super shy and nervous on stage, which stagnates her actual abilities. Florence is her polar opposite. 

• Like 1

Selena is charismatic, and "wholesome"  that's why a lot of people overlook some of her shadier/darker tendencies. Such as receiving a new kidney and then drinking still after it like you mentioned. 

I like some of her songs, she's not a very technical singer but she does have unique tone. 

I never watch her performances though cause there always a train crash in the vocal department. Also her newer songs are like shes whispering and mumbling at the same time, which i dislike. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block