Christina Aguilera & Bad Bunny to be honoured at the GLAAD Media Awards

CentralCJ

35 minutes ago, Broccoli Spears said:

I’m not shading Christina and don’t deny she is an ally, but I need someone to fill me in on what exactly she did to be considered an advocate for change? 

She dated a gay man when her career first started. 

spacer.png

My little boy self even knew he was gay from the way he spoke in her Come On Over video. Decades later she outed him on RuPauls Drag Race.

Spoiler

Her music video for Beautiful had queer representation, and she’s always been vocal on her support of the community since then 

To be honest she’s been more of a vocal ally than Beyoncé and JayZ. I have no idea how they got the Vanguard Award, especially Jay Z? Bey has gay fans but I hadn’t heard her speak out on gay rights until maybe 2-3 years ago and even then, she didn’t make noise. And we all know when Beyoncé wants to be heard by the masses she will. 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
On 2/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Yes and Christina was the first of her generation to openly and loudly support the Gay community when it was too risky. Im not saying Christina is this amazing Gay ally, but she did good things. I also love how Christina never supported these issues in a fake way, she doesnt go by the political mainstream script, she always used her own words and way to express it.

Edited by fays1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.