First look at Melissa McCarthy as Ursula in Disney’s “TLM” live action movie

bbbsss

There was a lot of controversy with casting Melissa as a villain, as she is mostly seen as a comedic actress, with many doubting if she would be able to pull off this role.

“The Little Mermaid” is considered to be one of the most anticipated movies of 2023. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

spacer.png

The first official trailer is going to be released this Sunday, during the Super Bowl.

spacer.png

Edited by bbbsss
  • Haha 1

I’m not a huge fan of her singing voice.  I thought it would be fine but she’s singing in a new hotel booking commercial that’s airing right now and it’s… weak.  And I think they made her way too pretty for the character.  Interesting take I guess.

Edited by IRunAway
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

most anticipated movie?... For who??

Well Disney live remakes generally attract a lot of attention, however “TLM” (1989) is obviously one of the biggest and most influential Disney projects ever. Not to mention the controversy regarding the casting choice for the main character in the live action version etc. The movie is expected to crush the box office. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Haha, I feel you but at the same time you realize if it’s halfway decent it will make a Billion dollars.  If it’s not Cats-level bad, it could be the type of movie some  people will go see twice.

Maybe I just have never connected with any of thr live actions. But you are right, it is not Cats level bad. What could be,right? Haha

7 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

Well Disney live remakes generally attract a lot of attention, however “TLM” (1989) is obviously one of the biggest and most influential Disney projects ever. Not to mention the controversy regarding the casting choice for the main character in the live action version etc. The movie is expected to crush the box office. 

Really? I have suspected for a while Disney is in a weird stage. Their Star Wars projects are successful, their Marvel ones hold up, but Buzzlightyear was supposedly going to crush it and it miserably failed. I wonder if this has enough pull for the average consumer, outside of the pop culture fan. The main character actress is pretty much unknown for the masses. But yes, the controversy boosted the attention. Although it's been months and the public is forgetful. I guess we will see. Thanks for the input. 

4 hours ago, bbbsss said:

There was a lot of controversy with casting Melissa as a villain, as she is mostly seen as a comedic actress, with many doubting if she would be able to pull off this role.

“The Little Mermaid” is considered to be one of the most anticipated movies of 2023. 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

spacer.png

The first official trailer is going to be released this Sunday, during the Super Bowl.

spacer.png

IOKEWRK4HVUGMMGUOQ2JJQS4QE.jpg>>>>>>>>everybody else who played Ursula :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

@GlitterRain am I right? :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

Edited by IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

I’m not a huge fan of her singing voice.  I thought it would be fine but she’s singing in a new hotel booking commercial that’s airing right now and it’s… weak.  And I think they made her way too pretty for the character.  Interesting take I guess.

I don’t know about singing, but somebody leaked an unfinished trailer in a bad quality where you can hear Melissa laughing and saying “You belong to me” and she sounds very similar to the original character’s voice. Am perched and hope she is a complete evil bitсh in this movie. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.