How do you feel about Demi Lovato's music?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

She makes very good music and is very talented, but the constant breakdown and revival arc is tiring. Then she starts drama with innocent people out of nowhere. Usually I can listen to a person’s music even if I don’t like their personality, but her music has become just as whiny as she is which is a problem. 

I agree.

She was much better when she kept out of drama and didnt start it either.

I really think if she wasnt so moody,

she would be more successful.

Like seriously even her ex bff Selena has had WAY more success!

I still like Demi though but yeah if she kept her mouth shut more often,

I think she would finally get a 1# hit or a Grammy.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I like it a lot. I have to ignore her though. Too much picking fights with people and even in her work, too much rehashing of the same breakdown narrative. 

Edit: Also, a note on her as a person. She's said a lot about bullying. One time Simon Cowell said she gives it as good as she gets it, and I believe him. 

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Love 1

I used to be a Lovatic back in the day. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:
But then around 2015 or something her singing got really annoying. She tries to be Christina but she doesn’t have the control or most importantly the tone. Her tone is very nasally and it’s really grating to my ears now.

I quit being personally invested in her after the OD. It was too much to handle. I liked her originally because we had similar issues (ed, sh, ect) but it felt like she never got past it and I did so I moved on.

I still check out her new albums when they drop but I’m never in anticipation for them. I did like HF tho and thought about going to see her live but it’s not worth a 7+ Hour drive.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

I quit being personally invested in her after the OD. It was too much to handle. I liked her originally because we had similar issues (ed, sh, ect) but it felt like she never got past it and I did so I moved on.

Lol. This energy is so

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

At least you’re honest in knowing it’s not the best reason to stop engaging hhhh

Oh I definitely felt like that was a good reason to stop engaging. I meant I’m not proud of attaching to someone because we had the same issues. That energy is mad weird.

I also never say that I didn’t wish her wish her well. I very much wanted to her to get well but it wasn’t healthy for me to be emotionally invested in her anymore at that point. I want her to live her best life but I also don’t care to know her personal life anymore. Weird you think that’s weird.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

Oh I definitely felt like that was a good reason to stop engaging. I meant I’m not proud of attaching to someone because we had the same issues. That energy is mad weird.

I also never say that I didn’t wish her wish her well. I very much wanted to her to get well but it wasn’t healthy for me to be emotionally invested in her anymore at that point. I want her to live her best life but I also don’t care to know her personal life anymore. Weird you think that’s weird.

No that is fair tbh, and I do apologize as that actually does make sense. I think I was taking it a bit more personally as I still struggle with similar issues rn. It does make sense that you would distance if you couldn’t do it anymore watching her do that to herself 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block