Lady Gaga's Career Trajectory

Um, Bloody Mary charting in a few countries (and not even making Top 40 in most of them) isn't really a sign of success. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: It doesn't deserve to be put on the same level as Shallow. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

But your whole argument is basically flawed anyways considering that there are plenty of un-talanted celebrities who still managed to have successful music careers. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

19 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Um, Bloody Mary charting in a few countries (and not even making Top 40 in most of them) isn't really a sign of success. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: It doesn't deserve to be put on the same level as Shallow. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

But your whole argument is basically flawed anyways considering that there are plenty of un-talanted celebrities who still managed to have successful music careers. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

The difference is that when you rely on your beauty, s** appeal and youth more than your talent, it usually backfires

beauty fades, talent doesn't 

Also

88d84532b5fa918e40686d40ac4662e7.png

"Bloody Mary" is the #1 song on YouTube right now;

literally gained 50M views in 1 week across all the different speed up uploads 

7M+ daily average

how most of these views don't even count for charts since it's unofficial uploads and Gaga hasn't officially uploaded the TikTok version to streaming services 

• Love 2

To be fair, in order to stay afloat in the music industry you need to constantly reinvent yourself, especially as a female artist (Madonna and Rihanna being the best examples). Katy failed to do so. The closest she ever got to a reinvention was Witness, but the whole "purposeful pop" shtick was completely see-through and fake deep. Gaga, on the other hand, saved her career by transitioning to acting and a much softer image (A Star Is Born being the main catalyst and Joanne/Cheek to Cheek being the stepping stones).

• Like 1

I don't think she is example of being ugly and talented. They def made her look prettier and i think also they wanted her to look like younger version of Madonna. I think she  had some job done to look ***ier and more desirable to an audience. Some of her mv she was almost naked so saying it is only talent...no way

26 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I don't think she is example of being ugly and talented. They def made her look prettier and i think also they wanted her to look like younger version of Madonna. I think she  had some job done to look ***ier and more desirable to an audience. Some of her mv she was almost naked so saying it is only talent...no way

Gaga performed half naked in bars and clubs for years that's how she gained attention in the scene. She's done that for most of her career but never solely relied on it, because she didn't have too with the talent she has. I'd say that nowadays the gimmicky performances have vanished and she's found a way for her that works on stage and off stage.

7 hours ago, unaware said:

The difference is that when you rely on your beauty, s** appeal and youth more than your talent, it usually backfires

beauty fades, talent doesn't 

Also

88d84532b5fa918e40686d40ac4662e7.png

"Bloody Mary" is the #1 song on YouTube right now;

literally gained 50M views in 1 week across all the different speed up uploads 

7M+ daily average

how most of these views don't even count for charts since it's unofficial uploads and Gaga hasn't officially uploaded the TikTok version to streaming services 

She really needs to do a better job exploiting this song. If I were her, I'd even consider making a music video.

I can't with the shade/envy of many here against Gaga, I see a lot of derogatory comments and belittling here.

You may or may not like what she does, but she is, a great artist, she doesn't have a great voice, but she fends for herself with what she has, she composes, produces and always gives us live vocals.
she is also a critically acclaimed actress.
...she gives everything our favorite doesn't, so...

now you call her ugly :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

she is a beautiful and multi-talented woman :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

Edited by Alex Murr
1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

now you call her ugly :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

she is a beautiful and multi-talented woman :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

i personally think gaga is very attractive and always had a beautiful unique face, shes an unconventional beauty,  + she has a killer body 

but back in the day people were very rude and called her ugly i never understood why 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.