Selena Gomez: "Taking a break from social media was the best decision that I've ever made for my mental health"

Antidote

I would really love someone to advise Britney like this:

“At one point Instagram became my whole world, and it was really dangerous. In my early 20s, I felt like I wasn‘t pretty enough,” Gomez told InStyle.

“Taking a break from social media was the best decision that I’ve ever made for my mental health. I created a system where I still don‘t have my passwords. And the unnecessary hate and comparisons went away once I put my phone down.” Gomez was once the most followed person on Instagram and the pressure of such a public persona started to affect the young star. Her battle with mental health and social media opened her eyes to the need for unapologetic self-care.

Selena_Gomez_Culture.jpg?_i=AA
REMEZCLA.COM

Selena Gomez opened up about the toxicity of social media and why she prioritized her mental health and took a break from Instagram.

Selena Gomez Says Not Being on the Internet in Over 4 Years ‘Changed’ Her ‘Life Completely’

selena
WWW.COMPLEX.COM

It may come as a surprise to her over 300 million Instagram followers, but Selena Gomez hasn’t used the social media app herself in over 4 years. 

• Love 1
Just now, LeavinExhaleByYearEnd said:

Calm down honey, it’s just an opinion but we already different opinion are not allowed here right?

I mean you can be mad at the past for opinions being silenced sure, but that's not what I'm doing here. I didn't try to quiet you, I just think your opinion is wrong and so I shared my opposing one. Free speech my dear!

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.