Adele calls out fan for using filter at Vegas show

GlitterRain

Wtf why was my comment removed? @SlayOut

it was a genuine question, I really was curious to know the gender. Nothing malicious. Why y’all insecure and think that the whole world is conspiring against you? I support LGBT 100% except the self sabotaging ones with victim syndrome who do more harm than do good to the LGBT community 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I don't really know how to refute your claims as I don't know what actual statistics you base them off of - many are based off of conspiracy theories conjured on Twitter. BUT, one thing we can all agree on is that under Trump, the amount of people who identify as Trans or LGBT went up. Why do you think that is? If it was so dangerous for us under Trump, why did our community grow so much? 

Visibility, both before and during the Presidency, a huge shift in social media and accessing information and a generation that get up with both. Let me be clear, people didn't come out because they felt safe with Trump; hate crime went up, and there has been a global increase due to similar increases in far right groups.

Two generations reached adulthood; later end milenials and Gen Z. Millenials reached their teenage years with huge icons making efforts to publicly show support for LGBTQ+ causes, and with issues being spoken about more and more. Gen Z had this in their childhood through to their teenage years and into adulthood. Additionally, these were first generations that had access to information in a previously unseen way given the rise in Internet access being a now day to day thing at anytime via smart devices and social media. I mean take a show like Drag Race, how many seasons were there before it reached the mainstream in 2013-2015 on international platforms? Seven? Eight? This is a more trivial example but the point remains; it brought visibility beyond being the accessory side character.

With more and more visibility, comes more and more understanding and acceptance; its not that more folk are lgbtq, its that they're openly identifying with it.

That is not due to Trump. However, bills and movements like Don't Say Gay, which limits schools telling students lgbtq people exist as part of a education programme, are thanks to it.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, bas che said:

Wtf why was my comment removed? @SlayOut

it was a genuine question, I really was curious to know the gender. Nothing malicious. Why y’all insecure and think that the whole world is conspiring against you? I support LGBT 100% except the self sabotaging ones with victim syndrome who do more harm than do good to the LGBT community 

Thanks for the question. For one, speculating about someone’s gender didn’t seem necessary or relevant to the thread. Secondly, your post caused other members to make comments that violated or were veering towards violating our community guidelines. Rather than have things devolve, have people warned or banned, I figured it was appropriate to hide these comments.

3 hours ago, halfdressed said:

If people are transphobic and trump supporters they were transphobic before. Trump didn’t force anyone from a mindset of acceptance to a newly onset phobia. Don’t be so silly in suggesting so. It’s so crazy how most of the people in the nation are being lead on a leash by social and news media. And totally oblivious. Think for yourselves, Jesus. Nobody cares about you as an individual. Not the right. Not the left. Money and power is what runs it all. They say and “believe” in whatever gets your vote. Knowing that, I tend to lead toward the party I think care most about the security and future of our nation. Who would act on a dime and make the right calls if war started on our soil. Do y’all even see what’s going on around the work? That is absolutely a possibility of happening here one day. I digress…

Firstly,  while Racists, Homophobes, Transphobes, ***ists etc. were always there, to deny the impact Trump on normalising their rhetoric is a fool's errand; they did feel emboldened by him, because he would never denounce them, and would support them, even if they were clearly wrong: Charlottesville is a prime example. The BLM Protest and how he responded also.

Additionally, Trump did engage in a constant barrage of misinformation that detached his Presidency from reality to create distrust in institutions. Him denying he lost the election is proof of that.

The unfortunate issue is that there are parties that do care about the "You, The individual" because they recognise them as a threat to "them, the institution" and they actively work to remove rights.

What's happening around the world? I'll need examples, because the UK's issues aren't too dissimilar to the UK's, and across the world, increases in far right support and misinformation lead to similar issues.

• Super Mods
Just now, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Firstly,  while Racists, Homophobes, Transphobes, ***ists etc. were always there, to deny the impact Trump on normalising their rhetoric is a fool's errand; they did feel emboldened by him, because he would never denounce them, and would support them, even if they were clearly wrong: Charlottesville is a prime example. The BLM Protest and how he responded also.

Additionally, Trump did engage in a constant barrage of misinformation that detached his Presidency from reality to create distrust in institutions. Him denying he lost the election is proof of that.

The unfortunate issue is that there are parties that do care about the "You, The individual" because they recognise them as a threat to "them, the institution" and they actively work to remove rights.

What's happening around the world? I'll need examples, because the UK's issues aren't too dissimilar to the UK's, and across the world, increases in far right support and misinformation lead to similar issues.

Please stay on topic. This has nothing to do with Adele. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Hilary claimed she won the election for over 4 years...the Boomers are reckless with their mouths. Now they are all engaging in a "*** for tat" regarding "election denial". Its all hypocrisy and embarrassing. ALEXA, play Taylor Swifts' "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things".  

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Hilary claimed she won the election for over 4 years...the Boomers are reckless with their mouths. Now they are all engaging in a "*** for tat" regarding "election denial". Its all hypocrisy and embarrassing. ALEXA, play Taylor Swifts' "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things".  

I’m trying to see how this has anything to do with Adele? I’ve already asked nicely to please stay on topic  :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.