Adele calls out fan for using filter at Vegas show

GlitterRain

18 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

"The left" isn't obsessed with Trump, its aware of the consequences the Trump Presidency had. It brought the worst kinds of the far right into one of the highest offices on the world, from evangelical Christians to out agitators, and gave them political power; that in turn had a knock on effect on everything from women's healthcare, to lgbtq+ rights, to discrimination towards POC, etc etc. Additionally, it normalised misinformation, through worst kinds of conspiracy theorists who were on the fringes of the internet beforehand, which had real world consequences on everything from healthcare, to scientific fact, to democratic elections.

The left isn't obsessed, the left called all this before he was elected, this is the result of that.

Additionally, the point made was dealing with a comment that could be inferred as transphobic, which has seen an increase due to the above.

I don't really know how to refute your claims as I don't know what actual statistics you base them off of - many are based off of conspiracy theories conjured on Twitter. BUT, one thing we can all agree on is that under Trump, the amount of people who identify as Trans or LGBT went up. Why do you think that is? If it was so dangerous for us under Trump, why did our community grow so much? 

18 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

"The left" isn't obsessed with Trump, its aware of the consequences the Trump Presidency had. It brought the worst kinds of the far right into one of the highest offices on the world, from evangelical Christians to out agitators, and gave them political power; that in turn had a knock on effect on everything from women's healthcare, to lgbtq+ rights, to discrimination towards POC, etc etc. Additionally, it normalised misinformation, through worst kinds of conspiracy theorists who were on the fringes of the internet beforehand, which had real world consequences on everything from healthcare, to scientific fact, to democratic elections.

The left isn't obsessed, the left called all this before he was elected, this is the result of that.

Additionally, the point made was dealing with a comment that could be inferred as transphobic, which has seen an increase due to the above.

If people are transphobic and trump supporters they were transphobic before. Trump didn’t force anyone from a mindset of acceptance to a newly onset phobia. Don’t be so silly in suggesting so. It’s so crazy how most of the people in the nation are being lead on a leash by social and news media. And totally oblivious. Think for yourselves, Jesus. Nobody cares about you as an individual. Not the right. Not the left. Money and power is what runs it all. They say and “believe” in whatever gets your vote. Knowing that, I tend to lead toward the party I think care most about the security and future of our nation. Who would act on a dime and make the right calls if war started on our soil. Do y’all even see what’s going on around the work? That is absolutely a possibility of happening here one day. I digress…

2 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

If people are transphobic and trump supporters they were transphobic before. Trump didn’t force anyone from a mindset of acceptance to a newly onset phobia. Don’t be so silly in suggesting so. It’s so crazy how most of the people in the nation are being lead on a leash by social and news media. And totally oblivious. Think for yourselves, Jesus. Nobody cares about you as an individual. Not the right. Not the left. Money and power is what runs it all. They say and “believe” in whatever gets your vote. Knowing that, I tend to lead toward the party I think care most about the security and future of our nation. Who would act on a dime and make the right calls if war started on our soil. Do y’all even see what’s going on around the work? That is absolutely a possibility of happening here one day. I digress…

What people fail to realize, and institutions purposely miseducate on, is both the FAR left and FAR right lead to the same end - COMMUNISM. Disparity is the future. Luckily I have akways been poor so I can make it work - but ppl living in big cities will have a wakeup call if either side gets their way. 

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I don't really know how to refute your claims as I don't know what actual statistics you base them off of - many are based off of conspiracy theories conjured on Twitter. BUT, one thing we can all agree on is that under Trump, the amount of people who identify as Trans or LGBT went up. Why do you think that is? If it was so dangerous for us under Trump, why did our community grow so much? 

Because of the strides made in the prior administration and the LGBT+ wanted to stand up the onslaught of anti-gay rhetoric that started to ramp up and still is. 

VF-Social-Share.png
VICTORYFUND.ORG

Washington, DC – Tonight Mayor Annise Parker, President & CEO of LGBTQ Victory Fund, issued the...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

Because of the strides made in the prior administration and the LGBT+ wanted to stand up the onslaught of anti-gay rhetoric that started to ramp up and still is. 

VF-Social-Share.png
VICTORYFUND.ORG

Washington, DC – Tonight Mayor Annise Parker, President & CEO of LGBTQ Victory Fund, issued the...

Sorry...People who are trying to guilt you into giving them money are never a good unbiased source. 

8 minutes ago, Style. said:

Adele just enlightened her publicly of not using filters because it can adversely affect individuals; it can cause damages to our perception of what a real face should look like. How was this hateful? spacer.png@GlitterRain

I just asked how she’s woke….

Idk y I’m getting this other reply about filters …bc using a filter off ig or snap doesn’t make u woke lololol.
Ifffff you meant something else be about it and sayyy what u mean cmonnnn lets not be 🐱

Nicki Minaj Nas GIF

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

I actually work with to get LGBT+ candidates into office. So yes they do need money and no one guilts me into anything. 

I believe they need money - I am just saying that they are not a news source. They use articles or studies that confirm their bias and the need for their "non-profit". I am not meaning any disrespect. I am just tired of the polarity in our society. It's getting old and is destroying our lives. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

Idk, in every case s/he looks kinda strange.

Yes it can b jarring to some, Not gonna lie but at the same time no need to say something that isn’t particularly nice when you know it’s meant to be said with malice  you know.. n also keep it in mind she’s performing in Vegas.. nightlife let’s it’s literally a given your going to see ppl with plastic surgery exaggerated features. Overtly se.xual outfits n performances etc .. that’s a big part of American culture 

werent ppl fussing over Britney’s lips on here bc it wasn’t bc it was natural my point is . We’re on a blog about a pop music/celebrities etc..celebrity culture does involve plastic surgery since forever it’s just evolved especially now and now it’s tickled to regular ppl… but no need to b transphobic n make a dig if your unsure to the original comment it’s just so meh.

• Super Mods

How a topic about a fan using a filter on Adele devolves into people casually making comments against trans people/the trans community is beyond me. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Please remind yourselves that transphobic comments are against our community guidelines, which you all agree to as members here. Be happy that your comments are either hidden or deleted, as warning points can also be issued if this continues here or elsewhere.

• Love 2

Adele must be having her own battles, and certainly was body-shamed and all. To see her positivity, after all through it, is just very motivating and inspiring. Yet, she can still speak her mind, get her message across, without offending anybody. She could just be straight forward like a bl**t person with no filter and attack superficial people, just as how a typical person or celebrity would do. But she has discipline and self-control, which is very rare nowadays. You need brains and practice to achieve that. And it's tiring, really. It's just so easier to just say it all and be real, and a lot harder to be kind.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block