Is Blackout one of the greatest pop albums ever made?

2 hours ago, DaddyNotaFool said:

It could have been if someone hadn't ****ed up the songs like Umbrella, State of Grace, Let Go, Baby Boy, Rebellion, 911

What were they thinking when they rejected Umbrella and State of Grace!?!! :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

I love those songs too but State of Grace would NOT fit in on Blackout at all.

And as much as I love Umbrella, that song has aged...it sounds so of its time. It's a great song but it's generic and instantly idenitfiable from that era.

Yes! It‘s a masterpiece…

And here‘s why:

- It‘s her most consistent record, it has it’s own style which goes trough every song. 

- It‘s unique - at the time it was a trendsetter

- With all the mystery about her life at that time, the „bad vma performance“, no promo it even got more legendary - breaking all the pop star rules.

- It‘s not made to please everyone, some may like it, some may hate it (that gives a self confidence to the record) (On ALL her other records, there were like a little but all types of songs - ballads, upbeat, r‘n‘b, rock - to please everyone) 

- Last but not least it has some of her most iconic songs imo - Gimme More, Piece of Me, Get Naked, Freakshow, Break the Ice 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block