Is Blackout one of the greatest pop albums ever made?

6 hours ago, zoyerabehling said:

freakshow, hot as ice, ooh ooh baby, outta this world, why should i be sad are all skips. their production lacks something and after a bit they get repetitive. also, radar is pretty annoying. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

break the ice, gimme more, heaven on earth, perfect lover, piece of me, toy soldier. these. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Imagine not liking Radar :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

I can’t deal with fans who still question the huge value of this album. This is not only her best in her catalogue but one of the best in pop music history. Everything that came after Blackout could not have met success if Blackout hadn’t been released. 

People seem to forget she made this album in 2006/2007. What was mainstream music in 2008-2013?

I mean there are several artists who should thank Blackout for their careers. 

Just now, hernameis said:

I can’t deal with fans who still question the huge value of this album. This is not only her best in her catalogue but one of the best in pop music history. Everything that came after Blackout could not have met success if Blackout hadn’t been released. 

People seem to forget she made this album in 2006/2007. What was mainstream music in 2008-2013?

I mean there are several artists who should thank Blackout for their careers. 

:madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts::messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

10 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Let’s talk about it 🤍

Gimme More Blackout GIF by Britney Spears

Tbh it's different next to her previous records, but that album is really emotionally flat (except Heaven On Earth). Britney only released a 'trendy' album, but practically did not bring anything unique.  The vocals are too edited and didn't have a chance to stand out anywhere. I think ITZ and Britney are better and creative in every way.  :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Time has shown the album to be an exemplary piece of work. It seems to be more respected and acclaimed now than it was on its release.

It has aged REALLY well -- its sound was fresh on release but it has its own personality that sets it apart from a lot of the music of the late 00's. My jaw still drops when I listen to some of the songs on this record. It's a gritty, electronic, hedonistic funk that has never been properly recreated since. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block