Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

Then what do you stand for? Are you going to continue to “yas queen” your way onto every Britney post until she gets herself canceled and loses the public’s respect? At this point Britney is just chipping away at her hard-earned legacy that she worked so hard to build for 20+ years through these kinds of posts and quite frankly, there’s nothing worse than seeing these idols turn into rivals for a generation of up-and-coming stars. If that’s Britney’s mission, however, then go for it. I mean, you all give Madonna **** for posting her buttcrack and getting fillers. Is Britney suddenly immune to receiving criticism? Are we all supposed to be censored or shamed for disagreeing with Britney from time to time?

Oh and no one was (at least I wasn’t) equating Kanye’s situation to Britney. I even stated that to you in a response from many pages back that their situations aren’t comparable. I only bring Kanye as an example here because it’s an example of how someone who was once respected can chip away at their legacy and make himself out to be despicable. Again, Britney is better than displaying that kind of behavior and like I said before, she’s never been about racism or antisemitism. 

i stand for britney being allowed to say and do whatever the hell she wants to do. no one has to agree with everything she does and says, i don't despite whatever assumptions you try to put on me. but i do allow britney the grace to be how she wants to be. not how i think she should be, not what i want her to do, not about her legacy or whatever else. her legacy, her career, it is irrelevant to me and my life, your life, all of our lives. it's only relevant to her, so why do you care if she wants to destroy it according to you? 

i understand her trauma from the perspective of someone who sees a hurt and broken individual trying to heal and find themselves again. she WILL be messy, make mistakes, say things wrong, etc. that's not an invitation to drag her for it. if you love her and care about her then LISTEN to what she's saying. that's what she needs, people that are going to listen to her. and not criticize her based on things we've made up in our minds. that's where this disconnect between you and i seems to be happening. i understand your point of view. i understand that you believe britney was being shady towards selena, and i understand that you disagree with that. what i am saying is that none of us know if that's what britney's intent was. so no, i'm not going to assume it was. my very first comment to this post was something along the lines of i don't know or care if she's shading selena, the message should be something everyone agrees with. and i stand by that. the selena and alleged shading part of her post is irrelevant. but it's all anyone wants to focus on because drama is more appealing. 

• Love 6

I don’t agree with Britney, if she’s actually shading Selena. But see how I can say this without throwing around ableist words, insults and cship propaganda? I don’t look at Britney’s Instagram at all these days. I don’t even follow her (but then again I rarely use Instagram anyway). Maybe more people should do that instead of writing several paragraphs about how all of this makes Britney seem unstable to the poor public. In every thread.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, easy said:

i stand for britney being allowed to say and do whatever the hell she wants to do. no one has to agree with everything she does and says, i don't despite whatever assumptions you try to put on me. but i do allow britney the grace to be how she wants to be. not how i think she should be, not what i want her to do, not about her legacy or whatever else. her legacy, her career, it is irrelevant to me and my life, your life, all of our lives. it's only relevant to her, so why do you care if she wants to destroy it according to you? 

i understand her trauma from the perspective of someone who sees a hurt and broken individual trying to heal and find themselves again. she WILL be messy, make mistakes, say things wrong, etc. that's not an invitation to drag her for it. if you love her and care about her then LISTEN to what she's saying. that's what she needs, people that are going to listen to her. and not criticize her based on things we've made up in our minds. that's where this disconnect between you and i seems to be happening. i understand your point of view. i understand that you believe britney was being shady towards selena, and i understand that you disagree with that. what i am saying is that none of us know if that's what britney's intent was. so no, i'm not going to assume it was. my very first comment to this post was something along the lines of i don't know or care if she's shading selena, the message should be something everyone agrees with. and i stand by that. the selena and alleged shading part of her post is irrelevant. but it's all anyone wants to focus on because drama is more appealing. 

At the end of the day and like I said before, it’s ultimately her prerogative. Most I can do is chip in some 2 cents as have many other fans. We live in crazy times so tensions are high. I just hope she continues to progress on her healing journey as any fan would want for her. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Persona said:

I don’t agree with Britney, if she’s actually shading Selena. But see how I can say this without throwing around ableist words, insults and cship propaganda? I don’t look at Britney’s Instagram at all these days. I don’t even follow her (but then again I rarely use Instagram anyway). Maybe more people should do that instead of writing several paragraphs about how all of this makes Britney seem unstable to the poor public. In every thread.

Who was throwing ableist comments and c-ship propaganda here? :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 1

Well this is obviously about Selena.

And even if it weren't,it is true that Selena was being hypocritical. It goes to many celebs in fact. They say it's not about what's on the outside, but just like from the movie 'begin again' not one famous singer had a certain trademark image or look.

And in fact I am glad that Britney is saying this because we know her be true to herself, and now she's doing it again.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.