Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

By the time her book does come out everyone is gonna be mad at her for some reason or another. I just know where all this comes from. Was she mad at Selena before the wedding and didn’t know she was invited? Or did something happen at the wedding? Either way she needs to address these people personally not bring it out in the open for everybody to see. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Imagine having someone you don’t really know come to your wedding that you didn’t invite but was invited by your “team” because those are the only celebrities that publicly acknowledged you and then one of them patronizes you and talks to you like a victim  by saying “i just want you to be happy” over and over but actually has no idea what’s going on in your life? I’d be like “**** her “ too. 

Her wedding guests were hand picked. Drew Barrymore was invited and they never met prior to that. She was invited because she said very sweet things about Britney. I’m assuming that’s why Selena was also invited. Guess Selena left a bad impression 

Yes TBH what Selena said is patronising AF… it’s like same vibe as when Cassie said “Take it one day at a time” to Rue in Euphoria. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

But Britney shared her love for Selena through the years, and even mentioned once that she would love to collaborate with her. 

That doesn’t mean that they were close enough for her to be a wedding guest OR for her to act like a personal friend. The words were obviously triggering because she heard the same stuff from Lynne and we all know how she’s feeling about Lynne these days. 

2 hours ago, Cancer said:

Her disdain for Selena is fascinating and hillarious. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Not the Selena feud being real :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

I’m SO CONFUSED about this whole situation.:inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:Something about what SG said to Britney at her wedding about Lynne or something and Brit’s been pissed off ever since. Aw, man. Idek. Well, I wish Britney the best. That’s all.:imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Who do you think she’s referring to then when she says in her caption about women standing firmly getting awards, and speaking about women showing their bodies? Because that’s what Selena did a few years ago, plus Britney has actually quoted words from that speech in an IG post a few months ago. 
There’s also a pattern of very slight passive aggressive digs towards Selena, such as using the exact title of her documentary in a caption.

EDIT TO ADD: Those exact wordings she referenced were done in a negative way, in fact in one of them she said “Such bull****!!!” after quoting it. 

• Like 2

Britney is slowly learning. At least she didn't directly reference someone's name when talking about them!

She will get major backlash for this. Then she will continue to learn. Maybe next time it will be much more general instead of focusing on one person.

Whether right or wrong, she is not effectively making her points. She can get her message across without being negative. She likes the attention but needs to be more considerate and thoughtful before posting.

• Love 5
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, nostalgicvenom said:

Yes TBH what Selena said is patronising AF… it’s like same vibe as when Cassie said “Take it one day at a time” to Rue in Euphoria. 

What was Selena supposed to say? Selena has put Britney on a pedestal since before she was on Barney. That’s like you being invited to Britney’s wedding. What exactly could you or anyone say to her that would heal her? Selena was probably trying to keep her lane and not overstep. She’s always been extra cautious and she’s grown to be extremely guarded after rehab. 

Just because Selena said the same thing to Britney that her mother has said does not mean Selena said it lightly or with the same intentions as Britney’s flop mom. 

• Love 8
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TheDukeDan said:

I can’t believe she is being so shady. It’s not like her :-( I really hope she’ll get help soon, to recover from all her trauma, before burning bridges with everyone around her! 

How did Britney burn bridges with everyone around her?

Lynne Spears - Gave Jamie the idea for the C Ship, Slapped Britney across the face and wants her legal fees paid. (Allegedly withdrew wanting payment).

Jamie Spears - Trafficked his daughter, wants her personal medical records released and abused Britney with ***** and control.

Jamie Lynn - Had no remorse for Britney, was going to use Britney's song as a book title and went on a smear campaign against Britney.

Brian Spears - Does an interview not really sounding in favor of the C Ship ending and didn't do anything to help Britney.

Larry Rudolph -Fired and rehired by team con

Robin Green Hill and Lou Taylor - Lou the alleged mastermind behind the C Chip, and Robin's alleged idea to mirror Britney's phone, I pad and communications.

K Fed - Hasn't worked in many years and got their sons involved in this and went on a smear campaign posting secret recorded videos.

Britney's childhood friends - According to Britney didn't help her and were in Vegas partying and drinking and enjoying the spa and didn't do anything according to Britney.

(To me it sounds like everyone has burned bridged around Britney, not the other way around).

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.