Why is Hold It Against Me Forgotten, I Don’t even think Jamie Lynn Performed a R*mix to It at that Disney Award Show where Britney and her two kids gagged a bit

rik

Why is it paid dust? I’ll never forget where I was when it first came out. I was in eighth grade and they were getting ready for a brand new era. I was in a car near a gas station waiting for my parents to finish putting the gas in the car. Suddenly the radio commercials cut and the host talked about how it was Britney’s first single in 2 years to prepare for the follow up to Circus. They started talking about Britney having a whole new sound. It was honestly so interesting the first time I heard it. Given, I was also not as familiar with In the Zone at the time because I would’ve been a bit young when that came out.

I often would listen to radio on my alarm clock (idk why) in my bathroom as I got ready for school and that was also the first time I ever heard Till the World Ends. Once that came out I noticed HAIM just disappear from the radio and even from my mind. In general, I know the record Femme Fatale can be deemed as lifeless which I can agree as it was forced for her and she should have been living her life on her own terms. But the production is very sleek. 

so my question for everyone is why is it forgotten and do you agree that once the era really started the single kind of just disappeared?

• Love 6

Idk but I wish we had the studio version of the dubstep mix they used at her tribute with those kids performing. It probably doesn’t exist as a full production but it sounded dope. 

i did find a mix way back that essentially used the middle 8 breakdown as the core beat and it was well executed.  

as a side note I find it odd UK radio omitted the dubstep breakdown from the radio. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Why is it paid dust? I’ll never forget where I was when it first came out. I was in eighth grade and they were getting ready for a brand new era. I was in a car near a gas station waiting for my parents to finish putting the gas in the car. Suddenly the radio commercials cut and the host talked about how it was Britney’s first single in 2 years to prepare for the follow up to Circus. They started talking about Britney having a whole new sound. It was honestly so interesting the first time I heard it. Given, I was also not as familiar with In the Zone at the time because I would’ve been a bit young when that came out.

I often would listen to radio on my alarm clock (idk why) in my bathroom as I got ready for school and that was also the first time I ever heard Till the World Ends. Once that came out I noticed HAIM just disappear from the radio and even from my mind. In general, I know the record Femme Fatale can be deemed as lifeless which I can agree as it was forced for her and she should have been living her life on her own terms. But the production is very sleek. 

so my question for everyone is why is it forgotten and do you agree that once the era really started the single kind of just disappeared?

That music video is ******* creepy.

• Love 3

I was obsessed with HIAM for years but I find myself coming back to it less and less. In retrospect, I don’t like how she sings the chorus. Too nasally and the harmonies are all over the place. I actually think a more husky vocalist like Bonnie McKee, Katy Perry or Kesha would have done this song more justice. In general, I feel like Dr. Luke’s productions were more-so meant for the voices of people like Katy and Kesha rather than Britney’s soft, sultry, and seductive tone which suits more slick productions.

The demo for HIAM is everything however. 

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

Overshadowed by Till The World Ends :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Fine by me! TTWE is sooo good! I know her heart wasn’t fully in any of it at this point but this is one of the best pop dance albums. So many single-worthy songs! HIAM was so in your face and different and then TTWE just came and did what need to be done. She does sound robotic but it fits the music and the production on the whole thing is fireee!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, britney fkn spears said:

I can't stand that video, but song is a bop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Like 2

This is my second fav Britney song. I still listen often. 

I’ve seen a bunch of people on various forums saying Brit hates the song, but I don’t think there is really any concrete evidence for that, given that she didn’t get to make any decisions about what she performed, etc. 

Maybe she’ll talk about her feelings toward all her eras in the book. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I prefer the other singles from Femme Fatale but it's still a good pop song and the right song to lead the album with imo (if not Hold It Against Me, Till the World Ends could have been a good lead single too). 

It's a shame it's been 'forgotten', especially considering it was a number one!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block