Why is Hold It Against Me Forgotten, I Don’t even think Jamie Lynn Performed a R*mix to It at that Disney Award Show where Britney and her two kids gagged a bit

rik

IDK about those saying it's not lead-single worthy cos I feel that it really deserved to be a lead single, certainly more so than Make Me.

As to its forgotten status? I don't know. Even back then in 2011-2013 during the time that I was out of the Britney loop, I only ever heard Till The World Ends and I Wanna Go be played multiple times out in the wild.

• Love 1

Singles-wise, FF was the most successful Britney era. HIAM served as a great lead single and kept going strong until TTWE came out which surprisingly had more longevity and ended up being the more successful single out of the two due to the catchier chorus and bridge/outro (see the sunlight…).

i personally prefer HIAM: the chorus, the dubstep, the video was so on point.

The Femme Fatale album was a high quality rushed project that resulted in a final project that Britney had minimal involvement or attachment. The songs were mass produced in a writing camp over finalised tracks or circulated demos that lacked personality. Britney delivered simple vocal takes that the producers built around, which all followed a similar structure of "Britney vocal, padded out with layers and layers of backing vocals".

How many times was it reported that Britney's time in the studio was minimal because she was in and out? 

We saw Britney sing hallelujah when she was told the album was finished, and it was reported that she said "thank god" when she finished vocals on the final track.

It also was the first album that came alongside the conservatorship being permanent.

Why would she like its lead single?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 10/1/2022 at 3:07 AM, halfdressed said:

Idk but I wish we had the studio version of the dubstep mix they used at her tribute with those kids performing. It probably doesn’t exist as a full production but it sounded dope. 

i did find a mix way back that essentially used the middle 8 breakdown as the core beat and it was well executed.  

as a side note I find it odd UK radio omitted the dubstep breakdown from the radio. 

The dubstep breakdown is the only part I like 

:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Like 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Gone where? Finally :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Because I'm still banned on ATRL you flop with short memory? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: Well turns out I forgot October existed and I miscalculated this a little bit and I told you it was a 2 month ban but it's 3 months so I'm banned till December :emma:

11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not when u REEK of desperation trying be like me aq9Apl8.gif However, I will remind you that YOU CANT OUTDO THE DOER  :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Yes I'm sooo desperate for this aka your Exhale career:

:roxxy:

On 10/1/2022 at 3:44 AM, Kletus said:

Girl you was in 8th grade when it came out?  When hold it against me was released, I had just graduated high school and when I played it to my friend, he took it as meaning I was g.ay and never talked to me again lol. However he turned out to be trash and I turned out to be a winner. Britney is the only constant in my life where I feel… idk the words. Just I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished, and she’s the soundtrack that I’ve listened to while I’ve done my best. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I was in 5th grade during femme fatale and i remember the song but I mostly remember TTWE over shadowing everything like i remember the twister remix playing constantly on Nickelodeon 

im not too sure i wasnt a Britney stan yet lol

On 10/2/2022 at 8:50 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The Femme Fatale album was a high quality rushed project that resulted in a final project that Britney had minimal involvement or attachment. The songs were mass produced in a writing camp over finalised tracks or circulated demos that lacked personality. Britney delivered simple vocal takes that the producers built around, which all followed a similar structure of "Britney vocal, padded out with layers and layers of backing vocals".

How many times was it reported that Britney's time in the studio was minimal because she was in and out? 

We saw Britney sing hallelujah when she was told the album was finished, and it was reported that she said "thank god" when she finished vocals on the final track.

It also was the first album that came alongside the conservatorship being permanent.

Why would she like its lead single?

Also the music video is great but it’s insulting 

its chronicles her rise from fame to her breakdown to Britney be back on top 

when in reality Britney was beginning the worst phase of her life

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block