Why is Hold It Against Me Forgotten, I Don’t even think Jamie Lynn Performed a R*mix to It at that Disney Award Show where Britney and her two kids gagged a bit

rik

I found this interesting interview with the director of the video for HIAM. In it he says "She had all this backstory with the lyrics from the song, so there was the whole idea of reflecting back on her life and her creativity. " 

https://sydurbanek.substack.com/p/jonas-kerlund-talks-10-years-of-britneys#:~:text=That%20final%20hyperlink%20above%20is,)%2C%20directed%20by%20Jonas%20%C3%85kerlund.

Because it's just not that good? I've never understood its appeal tbh. The dubstep breakdown annoys me, the verses at least build up to something, but then the chorus falls flat and is so anti-climactic imo. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Oh and it doesn't help that TTWE came right after it and overshadowed it. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

who knows. I  think HIAM is one of her greatest music videos. It is not classic Britney so it wasn't in the piece of me. Britney herself said she wanted fresh remixes and tired of some songs maybe with more freedom she would include it in some kind of fun mashup.

with Circus and Femme Fatale tour they spent money on production:stage, costumes, props, remixes were really on point. I still to this day think it could be even bigger if they wouldn't **** her so much in Femme Fatale. Her eyes were like dead-no emotion whatsoever during promo performances or tour.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, Henry Torres said:

Overshadowed by Till The World Ends :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Yeh completely agree. i do like HIAM, its a good song but i remember it took me a few listens to get into it. But TTWE was an instant hit for me and i played it a lot more than HIAM. TTWE wouldve been a better  lead   single

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block