Why is Hold It Against Me Forgotten, I Don’t even think Jamie Lynn Performed a R*mix to It at that Disney Award Show where Britney and her two kids gagged a bit

rik

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

came back 5 years later with RIK-IO-NIC

Not RIK-IO-NIC :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Omg @Henry Torres don'T listen to his revisionist history :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:Not ME being called Aguilera as Rik took a break after his smash Back To Basics era when he was on top of the world and came back 5 years later with RIK-IO-NIC which debuted at 101 in the Billboard Hot 100 :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Girl we all know you're a flop in 2022 like it's obvious at this point, ATRL market clearly isn't working for you cause it's too crowded and the competition is huge :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: The way you thought you would take over ATRL and you sacrificed Exhale for that and eventually flopped on both sites LMFAO :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I feel sorry for you omg :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

• Haha 2
Just now, Henry Torres said:

Not RIK-IO-NIC :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Girl we all know you're a flop in 2022 like it's obvious at this point, ATRL market clearly isn't working for you cause it's too crowded and the competition is huge :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: The way you thought you would take over ATRL and you sacrificed Exhale for that and eventually flopped on both sites LMFAO :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I feel sorry for you omg :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

You would've been DESTROYED in 2020 Exhale omg :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: @Joshyworld MAKE HA AWARE ON WHAT YOU HAD TO DO TO BE CONSISTENTLY TOP in those days with my 21 #1's and my 3 20,000+ viewed threads :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

On 9/30/2022 at 5:01 PM, Aleksa said:

It might be my favorite Britney song (for sentimental reasons I think) . I too remember exactly where I was when I first heard it. I wasn’t in a very good place mentally but this track, (then the album) got me through it. 

Same exact for me. I don’t know where the narrative that this song is forgotten is coming from. Obviously it’s not her most iconic hit ever but it was a big moment and it holds a special place and is a personal favorite for many fans. 

42 minutes ago, Style. said:

and uninteresting to look at! 
…and quite trash honesty. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:
Even though I had it on repeat when it first came out! :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

39 minutes ago, Style. said:

Instead of making trash threads let’s reminisce Mariah’s best era aka Butterfly :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

30 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Same exact for me. I don’t know where the narrative that this song is forgotten is coming from. Obviously it’s not her most iconic hit ever but it was a big moment and it holds a special place and is a personal favorite for many fans. 

Well the narrative is true :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: it is forgotten sadly. Or at least, in my opinion, overshadowed by Till the World Ends. I personally find that people don’t mention HIAM they mention Baby, Crazy, Oops, Toxic, Gimmie More, POM, Till the World Ends, and honestly Work *****. 

55 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Well the narrative is true :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: it is forgotten sadly. Or at least, in my opinion, overshadowed by Till the World Ends. I personally find that people don’t mention HIAM they mention Baby, Crazy, Oops, Toxic, Gimmie More, POM, Till the World Ends, and honestly Work *****. 

No, it's simply that HIAM simply not as iconic with the GP as the other you mention. It may be my personal favorite, as a fan that is much more deeply involved in the britneyverse than the average person, but I'm not delusional enought to think it is one of the top standouts in her discography (which has many). That doesn't mean it is forgotten. It could be considered a hidden gem or a fan favorite but it isn't necessarily over or underrated.

There are many songs that are considered dear to her stans that the GP doesn't even know about, but they still get a lot of love.

I like that song, but it's very ordinary and a generic electro pop song , so I can see why it's forgotten, ironically it's one of Britney's only no.1 singles on the hot 100 chart, but it doesn't stand out and compared to her other hits it's not even in the top 10 best Britney songs.... 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:44 AM, Kletus said:

Girl you was in 8th grade when it came out?  When hold it against me was released, I had just graduated high school and when I played it to my friend, he took it as meaning I was g.ay and never talked to me again lol. However he turned out to be trash and I turned out to be a winner. Britney is the only constant in my life where I feel… idk the words. Just I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished, and she’s the soundtrack that I’ve listened to while I’ve done my best. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

This is so sweet and it's honestly how I feel about Britney too. For example, HIAM was released the same day I learned I was going to have to get major spinal surgery, and listening to that new Britney song after receiving devastating news like that... it was like receiving a warm, comforting hug from a friend. And yes, I understand HIAM is about ******* a random guy in a club :clownery_makeup_meme: But still.

The Glory album was also released my first day of college, so Britney has really been with me every step of the way.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2022 at 12:53 AM, etherealcat said:

that beat though jeez :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: the song is one of my favourites from her conservatorship era but it's a shame that she doesn't have that spark that she used to have in her vocals and her videos. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Video sucks at all - wrong concept, stupid stuff (you know what all I mean....), And promo performances - stupid props and direction (brainwashing her :orangu_orangutan_ape:).

This song deserves everything better!

Contact me Britney if you will be interested in bringing up this track back! :eyes_britney_laugh:

9 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

No, it's simply that HIAM simply not as iconic with the GP as the other you mention. It may be my personal favorite, as a fan that is much more deeply involved in the britneyverse than the average person, but I'm not delusional enought to think it is one of the top standouts in her discography (which has many). That doesn't mean it is forgotten. It could be considered a hidden gem or a fan favorite but it isn't necessarily over or underrated.

There are many songs that are considered dear to her stans that the GP doesn't even know about, but they still get a lot of love.

No it definitely would not be considered a hidden gem. It was in the radio constantly and played everywhere.A hidden gem would be one that was not a single.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block