Demi Lovato Explains Why She Wants to Stop Touring: ‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’

Z91

"I'm so f-cking sick I can't get out of bed," Demi wrote in one post on her story, according to Page Six.

"I can't do this anymore," they added. "This next tour will be my last. I love and thank you guys." The messages were written over photos that appeared to feature the window in her hotel room looking out on a cityscape.

demi-lovato-tour-last.jpg?quality=75&str

The singer wrote via a series of since-deleted Instagram Story posts that she's been too "sick" to get out of...

I feel for Demi…and I bet the industry (read: music monopoly) is being absolutely terrible to her for low ticket sales, but its the industry’s fault.

Because LiveNation and TicketMaster fees are astronomical, people can only afford a concert of their absolute fave. The result is nobody is happy.

I’d love to see Demi in concert…but incl ticket, fees, transport, etc it would cost me $500 for only my ticket. And then I would have to convince other friends to spend $500 as well or I would go alone. The price doesn’t make sense.

• Love 2
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Aussie Stan said:

God she’s officially not a “they” anymore. Stop calling her “they”.

:nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

Anyway good for her for acknowledging the toll of touring on her mental health - it’s really important to be self aware and look after yourself. So it’s great to see her prioritising herself. 

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Demi uses both she/her and they/them pronouns.

• Love 6
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I feel for Demi…and I bet the industry (read: music monopoly) is being absolutely terrible to her for low ticket sales, but its the industry’s fault.

Because LiveNation and TicketMaster fees are astronomical, people can only afford a concert of their absolute fave. The result is nobody is happy.

I’d love to see Demi in concert…but incl ticket, fees, transport, etc it would cost me $500 for only my ticket. And then I would have to convince other friends to spend $500 as well or I would go alone. The price doesn’t make sense.

Yea I really wanted to see her also but I’m wondering if she’s gonna end up doing a residency in Vegas 

• Like 3

That isn't a clear explanation. Touring is for the most part fundamentally unhealthy though. IMO, the ideal is to do several small residencies like Madonna with Madame X. I doubt Demi will be able to fully stop touring though as that is, as far as I know, more lucrative than releasing music. Hard to imagine her continuing to release albums and a label letting her not tour. I guess we'll see. 

• Like 3

any 1 else blaming scooter 😓

when ariana last toured she had 101 dates & it lasted 4 9 months :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

ariana would often start crying randomly on certain dates of the tour 2 😦

apparently she met her friends social house when she was crying after marketing the tour 🤭

she’s managed by scooter braun 😭

justin bieber is apparently also facing fatigue from touring 😓 (i don’t like his music but that doesn’t mean i cant feel bad 🤭)

scooter’s also making Taylor re-record all her albums for the songs from them 2 be performed :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

i’m not surprised that demi’s wants 2 stop 😯

they’re managed by scooter

(THIS WAS SO LONG IM SORRY 🤔🤔🤔)

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.