BLACKPINK's New Music Video for 'Pink Venom' is Out! - Take a Look!

Luminous

11 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

The chorus was a serious let down. I do like the song kinda still like the song( even though structurally, it's  just the same song Teddy gives them for almost ALL of their comebacks ). Somehow I'm still underwhelmed though.

But, although she wasn't my bias, I swear Jennie has never looked this good.

If the vma performance is a slay disregard everything I said at first. 

Agree!, they're afraid to try someone else besides Teddy, I mean his structure is always the same and it's getting very repetitive at this point, Jenny starts the song, followed by Lisa, Jisoo and Rose always singing the pre-chorus, some Lisa rapping, and the ending with some random onomatopoeia... instead of dum-dum-dum-dum-dururum in "HYLT" it's now "Ratatata"?...

If it ain't broke, don't change it, I guess?...

EDIT: I was listening to the song, while writing this, and I liked the sound of the song a little more, but it sure isn't my favorite comeback...

• Like 2

I like the song, but my biggest issue was how predictable this was… literally at the end of the video in my head I was like: Here comes the dance break and they will come up with some cheeky sound and dance to it. And then they started with the “rrrata ta ta” 🤣 I will add it to my playlist and enjoy for sure, but it’s nothing surprising or innovative. 

Also I feel like Jennie and Lisa were featured more than usual and at some point I forgot Jisoo and Rose were in this LOL 

20 minutes ago, giorgiorafael said:

Video and girls were stunning. Single not so much. K-pop trying to be KHipHop not a good mix. They have had catchier pop songs prior to Pink Venom to me it was a let down when it came Pink Venom being a lead single.

People said the same thing the day 'How You Like That' dropped. Let's see what happens tomorrow and next week.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

People said the same thing the day 'How You Like That' dropped. Let's see what happens tomorrow and next week.

That's true, my first listen to "How You Like That" was so weird... but FOR SURE, that song was a grower, and became my most listened song for 2 years...no kidding!:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:
In general, the same thing always happens to me, I have mixed feelings at the beginning and over time I start to like them a lot.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Luminous said:

That's true, my first listen to "How You Like That" was so weird... but FOR SURE, that song was a grower, and became my most listened song for 2 years...no kidding!:makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:
In general, the same thing always happens to me, I have mixed feelings at the beginning and over time I start to like them a lot.

I mean, HYLT is still very much played often. And btw, me too lol, I remember having mixed feelings but ended up loving it a lot. 'Pink Venom', well, I loved everything but the chorus at first listen, maybe it'll change later. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 2

Oh look it’s the same song style and video again and again. The same damn crap over and over. The have no range or depth.

Call me when they release a ballad or mid tempo song as a single. Do they think their fans will revolt if the title track doesn’t follow the same garbage formula repeatedly??

3 hours ago, ***yLove said:

Oh look it’s the same song style and video again and again. The same damn crap over and over. The have no range or depth.

Call me when they release a ballad or mid tempo song as a single. Do they think their fans will revolt if the title track doesn’t follow the same garbage formula repeatedly??

also Don't Know What To Do can be considered midtempo

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block